Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Did any one use the 'amex sky' style feature?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

from http://www.milecards.com/editorschoice.html

"In addition, when you want to sacrifice some point efficiency for convenience, you can redeem points for non-award airline tickets (no restrictions, blackouts) at $1.25 per 100 points. That's the most generous point to cash conversion in the industry. So, a $200 ticket 'costs' 16,000 points. Unlike other generic programs, you can book *any* ticket availble on the market *on your own* at this rate. No begging a preselected travel agency to pick your favorite airline. Once you've booked, you submit the cost of the ticket for credit in exchange for your Diners' points. No other program offers such personal flexibility."

if that is the case, i have a trip i need to take very soon about a week domestic (BOS-WAS) and the ticket seems to be around 275$ (inc taxes). And with all the taxes and 50/100$ stupid fees airlines collect it seems to be cheaper to use 100~1.25 conversion.

PS: Does starwood give the 25% bonus (on 20K points even to amtrak?). As acela business seems to be 16K round trip that could also help. THanks again for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.