Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mileage Transfers to Accounts Other Than Mine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Transfers to Accounts Other Than Mine

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Transfer to Hyatt Not Posting

More than 2 weeks ago I requested a transfer of points to Hyatt Gold Passport. I was told 5 business days to post. When they did not post in 5 days, I called DC and asked about it. They said they would notify the Resolutions dept, who would take care of it in 1-2 days. They still have not posted and I called back. First I was told that the Resolutions Dept was handling it - when I explained I was told that last week, I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor put me on hold and said he called Resolutions and it would take another 5-7 days. I asked if there was anything he could do to speed things up, and essentially he said no.

I have had a DC card for many years and this is the 1st problem I have had. My frustration is not so much with the initial problem but the lack of urgency and concern in the response. If this is the way the new ownership of DC is going to operate, I will seriously consider transferring the rest of my points somewhere and giving up the card.

DC used to have a 2 day option for $35. Now they can't even fix a problem in less than a week, if then. Ugh.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
After a week of talking with 5 or 6 different DC agents, I finally spoke with someone in Resolutions who knew what she was talking about.

The answer - Hyatt only allows transfer to the primary cardholder's account. I was trying to transfer to my wife's account - my wife is a designated user on my card with her own card number - but Hyatt does not allow this.

This is the first time I have encountered this restriction with DC.
Old May 9, 2012, 5:03 pm

Earlier today I spoke to a Club Rewards telephone rep, they said that Diners points can be transfered to not just my own SPG account but also to anybody's SPG account. I knew that this was possible with most DC airline partners but didn't know that it was possible with SPG. I eventually called back and initiated a transfer to another person's SPG account, they said it should take 5 to 7 business days to post. Should I encounter any problems I'll post back here.

EDITED TO ADD: the points successfully posted to the other person's SPG account in 2 business days.

Last edited by yanxfann; May 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm
Old May 22, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am still waiting on a transfer for ~50k points from a coworker's Corporate DC to my wife's AA account - it has been 6 days already and they still haven't posted, even though when she initiated the transfer we got a confirmation e-mail.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:04 am

13 days later - this still haven't transferred, even though I received this e-mail:

The confirmation does say allow 2-6 weeks for delivery; so I guess I have to keep being patient!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:10 pm

Still nothing. My coworker called diners, and this was her report to me:

So, they are telling me that "per policy" you arent supposed to do it to someone elses account.
But, that they havent had it rejected yet, and he is following up on it.
Hopefully the resolutions department won't run it as a reject.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:08 am

the miles posted today - about a month later. It required the manual resolution of the diners club rewards since the name didn't match, but they made it happen.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by beofotch
the miles posted today - about a month later. It required the manual resolution of the diners club rewards since the name didn't match, but they made it happen.
So is the verdict to use the online system to do a DC to AA transfer or the phone? I am a US corporate account holder so can still do the AA transfer.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:49 pm

I made a 2nd one online - which posted in about a week. It looks like they had a glitch that was fixed, and i was successful online in transferring to my wife's account.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: United 1K
Can you transfer DC points into a relative's FF account ?

Does Diners Club allow you to transfer points into a relative's frequent flyer account?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Generally yes, but some transfer partners require an exact match. Which airline(s) do you need?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:02 am

Does DC allow points transfer into a relative's Alaska Airlines account?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jaguar
...Alaska Airlines account?
Alaska Airlines does not seem to be a problem, see post 83 in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23863487-post83.html
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:42 am

Thanks for your quick reply!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:28 pm

I recently transfered DC points to my husband's rapid rewards, Southwest account without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.