Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how does DC charge work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:43 am
Original Poster

how does DC charge work?

I just got approved, and I assume it works like amex's charge card products, do you have an exposure limit? Is your limit based on patterns and could be declined at any time? (my amex was declined at a grocery store I make purchases at 3 times a week on the same days, saying it was irregular spending, LOL)
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ero2
I just got approved, and I assume it works like amex's charge card products, do you have an exposure limit? Is your limit based on patterns and could be declined at any time? (my amex was declined at a grocery store I make purchases at 3 times a week on the same days, saying it was irregular spending, LOL)
Yes, it's pretty much the same as AMEX. Your limit is based on a number of things. Acceptance of DC has taken a quantum leap upward now that it's Master Card.

Any plastic can be denied at any time for any reason, but that grocery store story seems a bit odd.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by BigLar
Yes, it's pretty much the same as AMEX. Your limit is based on a number of things. Acceptance of DC has taken a quantum leap upward now that it's Master Card.

Any plastic can be denied at any time for any reason, but that grocery store story seems a bit odd.
Happened a few years ago to me at a gas station. Called AMEX and they said it was a "routine" audit procedure and have the station call. He "said" he did, and it was not accepted. Then proceeded to make a frustrating call to an eastern India call center and cancelled the card.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:18 am

I don't know if they still do this, but when I saw a copy of my credit report a couple years after I'd joined DC, I saw they were checking my credit every month or two! (BTW, I'd never missed a payment, been late with a payment, or given them any other reason to be cautious about me). After I'd been with DC for longer, they stopped making checks altogether. However, during your first year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep an eye on your overall credit and make decisions based in part on what balances you have with other cards/loans/etc.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

just igured I would ask this too, since I have never used diners before, but now, since it is a mastercard, is there any reason not to use this card as my everyday card? How is there purchase protection/extended warranty protection? Do they handle chargebacks and unauthorized charges well?
Just want to make sure I made the right decision about using this as my everyday card, thanks for all the help so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.