Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in Munich

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Lounge in Munich

Anybody ever use the DC lounge in Munich?
Will have an hour or two between flights.
Just curious what it's like.
The only other lounges I visited were in Zurich & Prague.

Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:25 pm

Very nice lounge, very quiet and fully stocked. It was either the lounge in Munich or Frankfurt that had a complimentary internet access terminal.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Originally Posted by elgringito
Very nice lounge, very quiet and fully stocked. It was either the lounge in Munich or Frankfurt that had a complimentary internet access terminal.
FRA has Internet, but the FRA lounge is lousy. I got ony one single glass of coke and some peanuts. I guess MUC is much better.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:26 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Right Back At 'Cha

Originally Posted by Frank3172a
Frank3172a, may I ask you the same question about Zurich? We're flying Swiss next week (and the following two weeks). Is the Diners accessable club worthwhile? (I'd have to pay for the better half, or I could just "disappear" for a while. ) Easy to get to?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Anybody ever use the DC lounge in Munich?
Will have an hour or two between flights.
Just curious what it's like.

Thanks for any info.
In the past, I have visited DC lounges in Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam, Newark, Frankfurt, Tokyo, LGW and LHR. The one in Frankfurt was small, as was the one in Tokyo. I don;t remeber much about the one in Prague. Amsterdam, and Vienna were nice.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaatri
In the past, I have visited DC lounges in Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam, Newark, Frankfurt, Tokyo, LGW and LHR. The one in Frankfurt was small, as was the one in Tokyo. I don;t remeber much about the one in Prague. Amsterdam, and Vienna were nice.

Zuerich (ZRH) has two DC lounges. One (in my opinion the better) is situated in Terminal B, it is the small lounge operated by Jet Aviation. The second is the large lounge in Terminal E which is for all transatlantic flights. However, I'd advice you to visit the small lounge in Terminal B.

It is in either lounge not possible to "disapear" since the guardians recognize new faces very quickly.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:00 am
Original Poster

zurich

Originally Posted by ejmelton
Frank3172a, may I ask you the same question about Zurich? We're flying Swiss next week (and the following two weeks). Is the Diners accessable club worthwhile? (I'd have to pay for the better half, or I could just "disappear" for a while. ) Easy to get to?

Someone posted that there are 2 lounges in Zurich, is one new?
Back to the original question: I was a small lounge, kinda far & out of the way, but I had 3 hours to kill.

I believe it was the jet aviation one. Nice & quite, comfy leather chairs, fully stocked bar. Since all airports are expensive & everything is Swiss-land costs double, I figure just having 2 drinks & the cover charge is money well spent.

When I was there the large tv was playing mtv without sound, 3 or 4 pc available with free internet access.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:53 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
MUC and FRA

Originally Posted by emozioni
FRA has Internet, but the FRA lounge is lousy. I got ony one single glass of coke and some peanuts. I guess MUC is much better.
Yes there is no self service in Frankfurt, but if you ask the lady for a gin and tonic she will be happy to serve you one... One additional point, the Frankfurt lounge is outside of security. I was not yet able to check in, so I could wait in the lounge (sipping my G&T) for two hours before they started check in. Much better than waiting in the check-in area.

I agree, though, the Munich one is much nicer.
Old May 3, 2005, 4:07 am

Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Zurich Followup

The Jet Aviation lounge in Zurich's Term B is nice and quiet. Good seating and snack selection, as well.

Unfortunately, it's not part of the Diners program anymore. The attendent tells me that they and Diners parted ways on May 1st. (BTW, it's still listed on the Diners website. )

I'm told that the lounge in Term E still takes in DIners holders from off the street. Unfortunately, the Mrs arrived with a quesy belly and I wasn't about to ask her to hike back to "E". (Although...for the $48 this cost I could have sent more roses for Mother's Day. )
Old May 3, 2005, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
I agree, though, the Munich one is much nicer.
Note that there are two lounges in the Terminal 1, but nothing in the T2 : one landside, very quite, but very small offer of snacks, and one airside.

I used the MUC lounge (airside) a few times in the past, when the Lufthansa Senator Lounge was too crowdy (and LH and partners were located in terminal 1).
Old May 9, 2005, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ejmelton
The Jet Aviation lounge in Zurich's Term B is nice and quiet. Good seating and snack selection, as well.

Unfortunately, it's not part of the Diners program anymore. The attendent tells me that they and Diners parted ways on May 1st. (BTW, it's still listed on the Diners website. )

I'm told that the lounge in Term E still takes in DIners holders from off the street. Unfortunately, the Mrs arrived with a quesy belly and I wasn't about to ask her to hike back to "E". (Although...for the $48 this cost I could have sent more roses for Mother's Day. )
ejmelton don't break my heart! The JetAviation lounge is one of the best I've ever seen! It's my favourite lounge! What sould I do in the lousy E dock lounge! Shame on DC!!!
Old May 11, 2005, 9:19 am
Original Poster

jet aviation lounge is gone?
I really relaxed in that place.
This makes me mad.
Old May 14, 2005, 4:04 pm

The lounge is there...

jet aviation lounge is gone?
I really relaxed in that place.
This makes me mad.
but they don't accept Diners. As an aside, I sent emails to both the general Diners site and the president's office. Got the same "canned" response from each. I'll call when I'm back in the states.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.