Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unfortunately, your complaints will fall on deaf ears...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unfortunately, your complaints will fall on deaf ears...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pointsaddict
Personally, I can't wait to have "professional" on my card. Now whenever I buy anything with my DC Card, people will think...BOY...that guy is a "professional"!. And I'll think "boy I'm really cool" (not to mention professional). Sweet.
Not only that, your privates will grow, even without opening spam emails. I can't wait to be so important.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not only that, your privates will grow, even without opening spam emails. I can't wait to be so important.
And people wonder if its worth $95. Worth every penny...clearly ^
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by viniosity
I got 2 different stories from 2 different reps. The first told me that each card holder had to have their own Club Rewards account and the 2nd told me they could be combined but only for hotel certificates and merchandise. After 2 calls if I can't get a straight answer then it's more hassle than it's worth. The last thing I want is some confusion when I try to redeem the points and find they they're stuck or were never earned in the first place.

Just to be clear -- I don't think this has anything to do with a MC transition.
I think it's explained pretty well here...

http://www.dinersclubnorthamerica.co...03_02_10_01_04

"(The Company Card Club Rewards program does not include redemption for frequent flyer miles or frequent guest points.)"
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
<<Diners Club has always been a Charge Card...not a credit card>>

True, and bear in mind that virtually all Diners' airline and hotel partners already have "credit card" partners who issue mile/point earning cards. Their agreements with those credit card issuers are probably "exclusive" deals. In order to justify continued participation in Club Rewards these airlines and hotel chains need to be able to say that Diners Club is still not a "credit card".

This said, I expect Club Rewards will lose some partners because the other issuers simply will not tolerate having a second Mastercard issuer diluting their program.

dennis
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mia
<<Diners Club has always been a Charge Card...not a credit card>>

True, and bear in mind that virtually all Diners' airline and hotel partners already have "credit card" partners who issue mile/point earning cards. Their agreements with those credit card issuers are probably "exclusive" deals. In order to justify continued participation in Club Rewards these airlines and hotel chains need to be able to say that Diners Club is still not a "credit card".

This said, I expect Club Rewards will lose some partners because the other issuers simply will not tolerate having a second Mastercard issuer diluting their program.

dennis
Respectfully, to disagree, I think all of the partners are somewhat like Hollywood Blvd. streetwalkers - if DC pays them enough per point, the gates of pleasure (i.e., points in the the cardmember's partner account) will open. These programs make a lot of $ in point sales to others.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Respectfully, to disagree, I think all of the partners are somewhat like Hollywood Blvd. streetwalkers - if DC pays them enough per point, the gates of pleasure (i.e., points in the the cardmember's partner account) will open. These programs make a lot of $ in point sales to others.
While the airlines are happy for the $$ received from DC - their respective banks could potentially apply enough pressure to move some of them to cut off their DC relationship. I hope this doesn't happen...but see it as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.