Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to US Club Rewards point pricing on August 9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

I just saw this notice on my paper statement (oh why, why can't these be digital?).

As of August 9, 2017 some rewards have new pricing within the Club Rewards catalog. Please visit ClubRewardsUS.com to view the current number of points required for redemption for Gift Certificates, Points-toMiles rewards and other rewards categories.

That last part scares me and I went to the site and see nothing about upcoming mileage transfer devaluations (which I assume has to be the case).

Can't find anything via internet search.
Will call tomorrow.

Any one have insights?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
I saw that announcement too, also listed as August 9, 2017, but could not find any information on the website with the new transfer ratios unfortunately.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by askmrlee
I just saw this notice on my paper statement (oh why, why can't these be digital?).

As of August 9, 2017 some rewards have new pricing within the Club Rewards catalog. Please visit ClubRewardsUS.com to view the current number of points required for redemption for Gift Certificates, Points-toMiles rewards and other rewards categories.

That last part scares me and I went to the site and see nothing about upcoming mileage transfer devaluations (which I assume has to be the case).

Can't find anything via internet search.
Will call tomorrow.

Any one have insights?
It's a week later.

So what did they tell when you called?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

They actually called me back! 7.5% increase for US programs

This afternoon a representative from ClubRewards US (which is run from Sudbury, ON) called back and provided me some examples of the upcoming point changes.

She said that there will be a small increase of 75 points per 1000 points to miles converted. She mentioned that Delta, Alaska, Hawaiian and Southwest would change. Southwest goes to 1613 CR points per 1250 miles. So basically the 7.5% excise fee for US programs is now being charged "at cost" for point transfers. At least it's not a mass devaluation or ratio change. I only wish they did a better job of publishing this but I am impressed they kept their word and called back.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:42 pm

This afternoon a representative from ClubRewards US (which is run from Sudbury, ON) called back and provided me some examples of the upcoming point changes.

She said that there will be a small increase of 75 points per 1000 points to miles converted. She mentioned that Delta, Alaska, Hawaiian and Southwest would change. Southwest goes to 1613 CR points per 1250 miles. So basically the 7.5% excise fee for US programs is now being charged "at cost" for point transfers. At least it's not a mass devaluation or ratio change. I only wish they did a better job of publishing this but I am impressed they kept their word and called back.
it does not sound good at all
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...the 7.5% excise fee for US programs is now being charged ...
They are reinstating the fee that Citi charged, but unlike Citi they are forcing us to pay with points (at an arbitrary rate $0.01/point), rather than allowing us to pay with money.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Just saw this. How could I have missed seeing this in advance? Frustrated with Diners on this one!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

The notice was printed on the paper statement only.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I presume this is only for transfers to US-based airlines. Not to any hotels, and not to foreign airlines, right?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The notice was printed on the paper statement only.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I presume this is only for transfers to US-based airlines. Not to any hotels, and not to foreign airlines, right?
The notice on the statements did not provide any detail. All they have done is build the 7.5% excise tax recovery into the redemption rate for transfers to AS, DL, HA and WN. I assume it would also apply to AA transfers if those are still available to Corporate card account holders.

I updated the Wikipost of this thread on 8.10.2017:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...os-2017-a.html
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: many
edit: chrome working as before

Last edited by pcharles; Sep 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.