Print Wikipost

My annual fee was automatically refunded

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum

Over on myFICO there's reports from a bunch of Premier cardholders who got their AFs waived without asking. Anyone here see that happen? I haven't personally.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by tmiw
Over on myFICO there's reports from a bunch of Premier cardholders who got their AFs waived without asking. Anyone here see that happen? I haven't personally.
Nope. I was just charged the fee. Wonder if I should try to get a retention offer
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Nope. I was just charged the fee. Wonder if I should try to get a retention offer
Last year they were crediting the fee right before shutting down accounts. Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case this time.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Last year they were crediting the fee right before shutting down accounts. Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case this time.
I spoke too soon. I just checked got my latest statement and they gave me an annual fee adjustment. So, no fee for the foreseeable future. Hopefully this doesn't mean they are ending the card.. because this is an amazing deal for lounge access
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I spoke too soon. I just checked got my latest statement and they gave me an annual fee adjustment. So, no fee for the foreseeable future. Hopefully this doesn't mean they are ending the card.. because this is an amazing deal for lounge access
Mine hasn't been credited but I am thinking about joining UNFCU so that I have a backup (their $50 AF card has lounge access too, but only the first four visits are free).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
I also just checked my account and saw an annual fee refund. Hope they don't gut the card!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
I also just checked my account and saw an annual fee refund. Hope they don't gut the card!
For those that were smart enough to jump on board last year I hope they don't cut you off. However, I also hope that something happens so that they open up for new applications again. Thanks for the updates at any rate.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:22 pm

I am not due a renewal until next month but I use this as my every day card, due to having two small kids in diapers and the 3x at grocery stores (our main shopping venue!).
I'll report back if they refund me the fee next month, hopefully they won't cut the card.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine hasn't been credited but I am thinking about joining UNFCU so that I have a backup (their $50 AF card has lounge access too, but only the first four visits are free).
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
They may be doing this for one of the two cards but not for the other! So, please, everyone, explain which card you have (the $95 AF Premier or the $300 AF Elite) when you mention whether or not your AF has been refunded.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
They may be doing this for one of the two cards but not for the other. So, please, everyone, explain which card you have (the $95 AF Premier or the $300 AF Elite).
I saw a report elsewhere of someone getting Elite's AF credited though so I don't think it's card specific. It sounds like that if your AF was posted on 10/30, then you got the credit. Cards where it posted on 9/30 haven't so far.

(For me: Premier card, AF posted 9/30, not credited.)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Spouse's Premier Card. $95 fee billed 9.30.2015, not refunded. (Long time Professional card holder, closed that account sometime after opening this one.)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:23 am

Elite Fee

My $300 fee posted on 10/30 and was not refunded.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Also, how's everyone's credit? If they are going to cancel more cards soon then it might be something in the credit profiles of those who got refunds that caused them.

Me: FICO above 800 on all three bureaus and no negatives on my reports. It's also been almost a year or so since I last applied for credit and IIRC my average account age is something like 4-5 years. As I posted before, my AF wasn't refunded.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, how's everyone's credit?
And maybe: Also, what's everyone's spend pattern? Weren't many of the original BMO card forced cancellations last year related to high MS?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:57 pm

...for no reason. I did not call. Nothing. I just paid it, and now it shows an "annual fee adjustment" of -$300 and my account has a credit balance of $300. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Did this happen to anyone else?

I have slowed down on the card recently, but I still want to keep it open for future use. Used to do under $5k a month, but its been a few since I even did that. Now I only do a couple hundred a month. Never had any problem with them. $20k limit.

What gives? I mean, I don't want to call...am I the only one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.