Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club and PayPal in non-US currencies

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Diners Club and PayPal in non-US currencies

Does anyone know why Diners Club can't get PayPal to accept the card in currencies other than US dollars? All the other major credit cards are accepted by PayPal in multiple currencies.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by edcba
Does anyone know why Diners Club can't get PayPal to accept the card in currencies other than US dollars? All the other major credit cards are accepted by PayPal in multiple currencies.
I'll have to look but I remember being able to before; it shouldn't matter what company the card's from since PayPal doesn't know that. IIRC it was something you have to change at the time of the purchase (otherwise it will try to force Pay After Delivery with your checking account or like what you experienced, in USD with a credit card).
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm presuming the OP is asking about Diners Club network cards, not North American Diners Club cards that run on the MasterCard network.

edcba, Diners Club cards from different countries work differently, so please explain which country your Diners Club card was issued in.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm presuming the OP is asking about Diners Club network cards, not North American Diners Club cards that run on the MasterCard network.

edcba, Diners Club cards from different countries work differently, so please explain which country your Diners Club card was issued in.
I have an Australian Diners Club card. Using PayPal I can charge purchases to this card only in US dollars, because Diners Club International (unlike AmEx, Visa and MC) hasn't negotiated with PayPal to accept charges in non-US currencies. So people who hold a UK Diners Club card can't use PayPal to charge in sterling, etc.

I'm wondering why Diners Club hasn't introduced this functionality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.