Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Diners Club US from Overseas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Contacting Diners Club US from Overseas

Has anyone tried, either successfully or unsuccessfully, to contact Diners Club US cardmember support while overseas?

I tried yesterday from South Africa, using the AT&T Direct line that I've used in the past with other issuers, and was told I could not be connected as it was a Canadian number. I searched around for a similar gateway to call collect to Canada, and could not find anything in the short period of time that I had.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: All of them
Get google voice #, download google hangouts to your phone and make all the calls you want with a good internet connections. It's like you'll be calling from within the US.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Has anyone tried, either successfully or unsuccessfully, to contact Diners Club US cardmember support while overseas?

I tried yesterday from South Africa, using the AT&T Direct line that I've used in the past with other issuers, and was told I could not be connected as it was a Canadian number. I searched around for a similar gateway to call collect to Canada, and could not find anything in the short period of time that I had.
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Get google voice #, download google hangouts to your phone and make all the calls you want with a good internet connections. It's like you'll be calling from within the US.
You can also use Skype or Vonage apps/programs.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The information here may be helpful. It does not specifically mention collect calls, but it does tell how to reach a Bell Canada operator and provides an access number from South Africa:

http://support.bell.ca/_web/guides/H...Dragon_HRC.PDF

South Africa 0-800-99-0014

1. If you are calling from a hotel, follow hotel instructions to get an outside line.
If calling from a public payphone, coin or local card payment may be required.
Service may not be accessible from some hotels, private phones and payphones
in certain countries.
2. Dial the Canada Direct™ access number (see eligible country list opposite).
3. Follow the voice prompts to select your preferred language, your telephone company
and preferred payment method. You may use Bell Calling Card™, Business Calling Card,
Family Contact™ card or Bell Prepaid Calling Card.
4. Should you need help at any time, press “0” for a bilingual Canadian operator
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll be sure to keep those options in mind should the need to contact them from overseas arise in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.