Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there still time to get a card and use promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2002, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
My friend wants to move her 40k AA miles to BA. She doesn't have a Diner's Club card. If she were to apply next Tuesday would there still be enough time to get approved and move from AA->DC->Ba? I'd hate for her to move everything to DC and then miss out on the 1:1 BA promotion. Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 1:16 am

It takes in my experience about 2 weeks to get the certificate from AA that you will then need to send to DC. Following that it took 2-3 weeks for the points to post to my DC account.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 06-22-2002).]
Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for my DC card over two weeks ago. It still is not here. How long does approval usually take?

Is it faster to use phone application than web, which I used?

I just called DC. I have not yet been approved, and I was told that the process takes 30 days.

That compares to 1-5 days for an AMTRAK MC, or an AMEX Platinum.

[This message has been edited by slawecki (edited 06-22-2002).]
Old Jun 22, 2002, 9:23 am

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
ifly-the promo is good until the end of August according to my may newsletter from DC. If your friend signs up I would love to have her use my id # for a referral bonus.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick responses. I'll let you know what she decides.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 5:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slawecki:
I applied for my DC card over two weeks ago. It still is not here. How long does approval usually take?
[This message has been edited by slawecki (edited 06-22-2002).]
</font>
When I applied for my card years ago I faxed the application in and wrote "Please Rush" in big letters on it. I received a phone call from DC the same day and told them that I needed it ASAP for an upcoming business trip. They processed the application the following day and overnighted the card to me the day after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.