Community
Wiki Posts
Search

canceling

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2002, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

canceling

I've decided not to renew my membership. However, the membership fee showed up on my March bill (My year ends at the end of april) Can i use the card the rest of this month and then cancel the card w/o incurring a fee? I wanted to get the rest of my retention bonus.

thanks
ben
Old Apr 6, 2002, 3:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BenSegg:
I've decided not to renew my membership. However, the membership fee showed up on my March bill (My year ends at the end of april) Can i use the card the rest of this month and then cancel the card w/o incurring a fee? </font>
Good grief. Have you considered ...

1) Turning over any of your Diners Club statement pages from any of your statements from the past year and reading the section titled DINERS CLUB ANNUAL RENEWAL DISCLOSURES?

or

2) Calling 1-800-2-DINERS (800-234-6377) and asking them to read you the same information or answer any questions you may have about it?

[This message has been edited by Quokka (edited 04-06-2002).]
Old Apr 6, 2002, 3:30 pm

Posted by bensek:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
I've decided not to renew my membership. However, the membership fee showed up on my March bill (My year ends at the end of april) Can i use the card the rest of this month and then cancel the card w/o incurring a fee? I wanted to get the rest of my retention bonus.</font>
Yes, you can! The procedure is explained at the back of your bill, as metioned before.
It may be not a bad idea to call Diners to cancel. When I called, they made me an offer - member ship for miles. They also told me how good (better!) their rental car insurance is. However, I cancelled anyhow.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:57 am

Anybody have experience cancelling (as I just did) then re-enrolling in a year or two to rake in the 10-12k miles?

JP
Old Apr 7, 2002, 12:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Quokka:
Good grief. Have you considered ...

1)...reading the section titled DINERS CLUB ANNUAL RENEWAL DISCLOSURES?

</font>
Quokka, you wouldn't happen to work for my company's help desk, by any chance? ("Sir, if you'd just read your instructions, you'd see that on page 193, the second paragraph, subsection B3...")
Old Apr 7, 2002, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the postive replies. The renewal/canceling process for diners differes from the rest of my credit cards.

cheers

ben

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.