Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Upgrade Guarantee

Is it true that there is no longer and "upgrade guarentee"? I called the platinum number today and the lady that answered said "That promotion ended in September". I replied that I didn't realize it was a "promotion". Is this true? Now we get nothing for sitting in coach?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by gnp001
Is it true that there is no longer and "upgrade guarentee"? I called the platinum number today and the lady that answered said "That promotion ended in September". I replied that I didn't realize it was a "promotion". Is this true? Now we get nothing for sitting in coach?
Nope. That was a NW program (not so much a promotion) and now that NW does not exist either does that program. DL does not have a similar upgrade guarantee.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

You're probably right. I for one am very very sick of hearing Delta say "there are no changes to the Medallion Program" in all their press releases and their SPAM. Well no kidding, you treated your Elites like crap before and you still do. And the Worldperks program is just gone, it hasn't changed either!

CONTINENTAL, HERE I COME!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:03 am
KLC
In Memoriam

I think you still get the seat you paid for, don't you?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Now we get nothing for sitting in coach?
You get the seat you paid for.

CONTINENTAL, HERE I COME!
Continental is a fine airline, and should serve you well. However you are likely to enjoy a lower upgrade rate at CO than you would experience on NW or DL.

David
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:11 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
True, but the benefit you had previously is now gone... I take that as a minus in the whole equation....

Originally Posted by KLC
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:21 am
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by thezipper
True, but the benefit you had previously is now gone... I take that as a minus in the whole equation....
Delta never had this benefit. In any case, I was responding to the "now we get nothing" comment, which is different than "now we get less".
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLC
Yes I do and I have NO problem with that what so ever... and I actually, sit in coach 90% of the time. But Worldperks said, "I guarantee we will upgrade you, if we don't, we'll give you a 1000 points"... a very good statement to say, we think you're valuable enough to upgrade you, and if we don't we'll compensate you. I thought that was going above and beyond. My point is, these above and beyond's are getting taken away very quickly with no communication. Other than Delta word-smithing everything to make it appear as if the Worldperk program isn't changing at all either. If I hear one more time that they are taking the best of both programs and combining them to make a world class program, I may puke! ( I say most of this tongue in cheek, because everyone knew it would happen this way)
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If I hear one more time that they are taking the best of both programs and combining them to make a world class program, I may puke! ( I say most of this tongue in cheek, because everyone knew it would happen this way)
So why all the vitriol? Make your analysis of competitive routes, services, and FF programs, and move on if you choose. Most consumers make a dozen choices every day.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:32 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Upgrades are a privledge not a right. It was nice of NW to compensate when you didnt get one, but since they are not an entitlement why should DL compensate us for not getting one. And the griping it is gone as if we have been slighted just adds to the sense of being owed. Upgrades are a benefit folks...if you want to be guaranteed you are up front buy a first class ticket!

Let the kool aid comments begin........
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:48 am

Thumbs up well said!

Originally Posted by Lehava
Upgrades are a privledge not a right. It was nice of NW to compensate when you didnt get one, but since they are not an entitlement why should DL compensate us for not getting one. And the griping it is gone as if we have been slighted just adds to the sense of being owed. Upgrades are a benefit folks...if you want to be guaranteed you are up front buy a first class ticket!

Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec

+1

As a group in general, we business traveller's tend to get like spoiled little brat's, I want I want I want. There is some unfounded feeling of entitlement, I see it in boarding, I see it before take off (EVERY week on my flight there is someone in F that beleives they don't have to turn their cell phone off). What I think is ironic is for most, we are not even paying for these flights (our client is) so all these benefits are FREE.

I know it is disappointing to have a perk taken away. But in the long run, it's just a business, and we are customers. Blah Blah Blah on the rants about Delta is lying to us. As said many times before, you can take your business elsewhere, but whining isn't going to make me ponder and follow you if that is your goal
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat

On a different note, the griping about the loss of a "Perk" like the UG guarantee by former NW customers is really not different than the severe griping by the old Delta customer who now have to type their last name to log onto their Skymiles accounts. Changes...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First

You are spot on. DL is about to announce they are doing away with Comp upgrades altogether in January (3 months away!). I for one love it ..now if you want to be up front you HAVE to pay period. I like having open seats next to me and I guarantee there will be plenty!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by avidflyer
You are spot on. DL is about to announce they are doing away with Comp upgrades altogether in January (3 months away!). I for one love it ..now if you want to be up front you HAVE to pay period. I like having open seats next to me and I guarantee there will be plenty!
Wow. Where did you here that? Please provide a link of a reference to support your statment about this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.