Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever do the Heli ride from Manhattan to JFK Delta t2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

I did it twice RT for that 49 dollar offer they had a while ago. Just wondering if anyone else has done it.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Yep, I've done it quite a few times both ways. It is a great ride. From older threads, there are definitely others that have done it as well.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I misread your post title and thought it said "Hell ride." I figured that made sense. Any ride to JFK is a ride to Hell.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by tonypct
I misread your post title and thought it said "Hell ride." I figured that made sense. Any ride to JFK is a ride to Hell.
Had the EXACT same thought when I first saw the title.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:00 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
I don't suppose the $49 deal is still on. Was it an online offer? Do they have deals like that often? Was it a Delta codeshare purchased through Delta?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Where would i find out about the heli transfers into the city from JFK?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
I don't suppose the $49 deal is still on. Was it an online offer? Do they have deals like that often? Was it a Delta codeshare purchased through Delta?

Many thanks.
Most recent offer I can recall was $99 earlier this year. I usually buy it with a DL ticket to get segment and miles (and makes it a seamless process). IIRC, DL did have an offer that included the helicopter with paid J tickets. If you've never done it, I recommend from JFK into NYC, you get great views.

Originally Posted by chris78cpr
http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...pter/index.jsp
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by chris78cpr
CO is currently offering this $59 each way promotion, which you could credit to DL/NW until next month. Here's the link: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...romoCode=A7486

Last edited by FlytheTail; Sep 18, 2009 at 8:12 pm Reason: corrected price
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
CO is currently offering this $49 each way promotion, which you could credit to DL/NW until next month.
Can't credit the CO USH flights to DL.

U.S. Helicopter:
Mileage may be earned on US Helicopter operated flights marketed by Delta Air Lines only.
http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airl...rtners.php#ush
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Can't credit the CO USH flights to DL.
That's a shame... sneaky too. I wonder if the miles would credit to NW.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
The 49 offer was an email I got and when I look at it it was back in November of last year.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
That's a shame... sneaky too. I wonder if the miles would credit to NW.
I don't think NW is partner and UH is not listed.

http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/airfl.shtml
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those interested, I uploaded some photos from my UH flight JFK-TSS (East 34th St Heliport) mid-December 2008. It was a surprise for my friend that had never taken a helicopter (CRC agent ruined it when she scanned my BP and said "oh you're taking the helicopter".)

Due to low-visibility and ceilings, all UH flights were cancelled until further notice. UH offered a full refund, coupon for future travel or car service into Manhattan. Since this was a present, we decided to wait it out. UH agent said she would call the CRC and keep me updated. After a 3 hour wait, we were able to catch the first flight at ~4 PM. UH gate is near Gate 11 in T3, walk down some stairs and you're loaded up into a van. Agent rides along and gives safety briefing as required. Van pulls up and pax wait as checked baggage are loaded. Once that is done, jump out of the fan and into the Helo. There were only 3 of us on this flight plus 2 pilots. Once loaded, helo rolls down the centerline between T3 & T4 pass all the aircraft that tower over us, once past the terminals and in view of the tower we were off. Quick 8 minute flight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andytle...07955226/show/
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
A bit OT, but does anyone have any idea what the loads are on these flights?
I have flown USH exactly once, but there were two passengers on it (one me). Before that flight, I had checked the availability of other flights reguarly, to see if I could take an earlier/later one should the need have arisen, and I don't recall seeing any sell out as late as the day of departure
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
A bit OT, but does anyone have any idea what the loads are on these flights?
I have flown USH exactly once, but there were two passengers on it (one me). Before that flight, I had checked the availability of other flights reguarly, to see if I could take an earlier/later one should the need have arisen, and I don't recall seeing any sell out as late as the day of departure
Previously (Summer 2008) I checked same day bookings and found sold out flights. I haven't looked recently to see if this is still the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.