Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

TA issued AF ticket on DL metal. Couple questions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status

Friend and her companion are travelling MSY-BRU 12 days from now. Less than worthless travel agent in France (don't ask) issued them the tickets. All travel is on DL metal but friend's ticket was booked through AF while companion's ticket was booked through DL. Neither are travel or tech savvy so they asked me to help.

I was able to pull up both tickets on DL website but only companion's ticket (DL issued) allowed me to select seats, and she doesn't even have a Skymiles account. Friend does, but I can't select her seats.

Who does she call to get her seats, AF or DL? And how likely is she to be able to get the so-far empty seats next to companion? Oddly, given her lack of status, I was able to select very good seats for companion, even one domestic leg in an exit row.

Sticky part is, friend is a bit, uh, emotionally overwrought and it is imperative that they be seated together. I suspect these are deeply discounted tickets so what's the best way to go about this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Call AF. I have a NW-coded, AF-operated ticket that did not permit online seat selection even though I could pull up the itin on airfrance.us (and klm.com, nwa.com, and delta.com, for that matter).
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
also, if it is a cheap N/L airfrance ticket it will not earn any delta sky miles even if operated by delta. If it is in September, you can still earn 0.25 worldperks miles per mile or befor october 24th 100% continental miles (50% mqm)
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:10 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
It is not clear from your post if the flight numbers are AF or DL flight numbers. You said that "issued AF ticket on DL metal." But that could just mean AF ticket stock (057) even though no flights have an AF flight number (yes that is possible).

If a flight has AF flight number, then yes you can call AF. If only DL flight numbers on DL metal, then call DL.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:15 am
Original Poster

The flights are operated by DL, code shared AF. AF came into the mix because the TA is in France. Now why she issued one ticket on AF stock and one on DL for the exact same flights on DL metal....who knows.

FWIW, the flight from ATL to BRU is DL 124 return is #125.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Call AF. I have a NW-coded, AF-operated ticket that did not permit online seat selection even though I could pull up the itin on airfrance.us (and klm.com, nwa.com, and delta.com, for that matter).
Just flew AF outbound on DL tkt (after flight changes from NW tkt stock on other metal). DO NOT select AF seats via DL system. Instead, call AF (and wait on hold for 20 minutes, regardless of day or time), get the Record Locator code, and then either have them confirm the AF seats, or do it via the AF record, or the generic Amadeus system "www.checkmytrip.com" website which someone mentioned in another thread (a godsend site!!).

You may also have fun checking in. The DL site sent me to AF, which could view my itinerary and seats (as could checkmytrip.com), but could NOT check me in - and even tried sending me to NWA website once, even though I had previously entered my DL tkt number (006-), my passport number, etc., and they showed in the online record. So I went to the airport -- no problems.

AF airport check-in and flight connections were fine, as was the service (and there is free vin with beverage and meal services in Y).

I did send a reminder note to DL Skymiles when my outbound AF miles didn't show up immediately (but my DL return did), and they populated the miles within 12 hours... so "Plat I am".
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyzabit
Just flew AF outbound on DL tkt (after flight changes from NW tkt stock on other metal). DO NOT select AF seats via DL system. Instead, call AF (and wait on hold for 20 minutes, regardless of day or time), get the Record Locator code, and then either have them confirm the AF seats, or do it via the AF record, or the generic Amadeus system "www.checkmytrip.com" website which someone mentioned in another thread (a godsend site!!).

You may also have fun checking in. The DL site sent me to AF, which could view my itinerary and seats (as could checkmytrip.com), but could NOT check me in - and even tried sending me to NWA website once, even though I had previously entered my DL tkt number (006-), my passport number, etc., and they showed in the online record. So I went to the airport -- no problems.

AF airport check-in and flight connections were fine, as was the service (and there is free vin with beverage and meal services in Y).

I did send a reminder note to DL Skymiles when my outbound AF miles didn't show up immediately (but my DL return did), and they populated the miles within 12 hours... so "Plat I am".
As I said, both tickets are on DL metal. I can pull up the AF ticketed one on both websites, just can't select seats. Sorry if I didn't make that clear but I've never had an AF issued ticket that was not on AF metal nor a DL ticket that was not on DL metal so I don't know exactly how it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.