Wiki Posts
Search

Bartenders in the A-17 Crown Room in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Bartenders in the A-17 Crown Room in ATL

I love the A-17 Crown Room over all the others in ATL because it has a Bar you can sit at. The Bartenders are terrific, and get to recognize you after a while. Anyone have a favorite? I love all of them, and get great service..

What are everyone else's experiences in A-17???

TJ
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by tarajim
I love the A-17 Crown Room over all the others in ATL because it has a Bar you can sit at. The Bartenders are terrific, and get to recognize you after a while. Anyone have a favorite? I love all of them, and get great service..

What are everyone else's experiences in A-17???

TJ
Waiting in a long line to get get my drink, any drink, from Diet Coke to Sweetwater.

In fairness... not always... but often enough to be memorable.

And this is not the bartender's fault... just a poorly designed system... constrained by bean counters.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'll take the free flowing beer taps and bottles in an NW club over getting to know ATL's bartenders any day.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I haven't been through ATL in a while...well, at least not long enough to visit a lounge (I'm enjoying self pours in MEM). But I did have a great time one night...there were two working the bar, a guy (who I've seen a lot) and a girl...he was showing her some stuff. In the end...he made the drink at the normal spot and I was sitting at the end of the bar. He slid the glass (flew the glass) down the rut along the backside of the counter in the bar. It stopped dead in front of me.

Doesn't take much to make me happy... anything for a smile!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by uavking
I'll take the free flowing beer taps and bottles in an NW club over getting to know ATL's bartenders any day.
Unfortunately the liquor control guys in GA take a dim view of "serve yourself" Not going to happen under current law in GA. Remember this is a state where you can't buy beer in the grocery on Sunday and the Governor says letting us vote on it would be just like making prostitution legal!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
^ + 1
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Unfortunately the liquor control guys in GA take a dim view of "serve yourself" Not going to happen under current law in GA. Remember this is a state where you can't buy beer in the grocery on Sunday and the Governor says letting us vote on it would be just like making prostitution legal!
Yes, but anybody know why they pulled the real bottles of liquor and forced the bartenders to serve from minis? Doesn't seem likely to be cheaper, and doesn't stop them from being generous: more times than not I get a double without asking.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
A17 is my favorite too

I also enjoy the CR at A17. The bartenders make you feel like you are at the local bar at home.

As for those that keep whining about the self pour that from NW. I can tell you that a number of the changes were made due to ABC laws. i.e. underage drinkers were helping themselves. I know for a fact it was ABC that made them change at Dulles. Not all Delta's fault.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Waiting in a long line to get get my drink, any drink, from Diet Coke to Sweetwater.

In fairness... not always... but often enough to be memorable.

And this is not the bartender's fault... just a poorly designed system... constrained by bean counters.
+1

I HATE having to ask the bartender for a soft drink...makes me feel like I'm a little kid asking a grown up if I can have some soda!

That is yet another thing the WC did better than the CRCs...self serve soda fountains.. Seriously it isn't like they need to have the bartenders RATION the stuff.... soda is CHEAP if buy the syrup in bulk like the lounges do...

That way it frees up the bartenders to be BARTENDERS....
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Burj
That is yet another thing the WC did better than the CRCs...self serve soda fountains..
In those states afflicted by byzantine liquor laws that prevent self-serve, this is a compromise (at least I'd be able to go buck wild on Coke ) that would probably satisfy alot of us.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:47 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tarajim
TJ
I like The CRC/SR at C37 for the same reason, plus it still has that new CRC smell.

In contrast, the tiny CRC in SAN does have a small bar with about 4 barstools. They usuaully do not have a dedicated bartender on duty, so you have to make eye contact with one of the agents near the entrance and they will come over and help you. I sometimes have the feeling that after the first drink like I'm being judged just because they have to walk all the way over to the bar to serve me, as if there was anything wrong with a seventh blood mary before a 7 AM flight!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Yes, but anybody know why they pulled the real bottles of liquor and forced the bartenders to serve from minis? Doesn't seem likely to be cheaper, and doesn't stop them from being generous: more times than not I get a double without asking.
Perhaps it has something to do with more "perceived" control of how much alcohol per drink they are serving. The bible belt alcohol police have always liked mini bottles over real bottles. There is probably no logic to it. I wish GA politicians would stop worrying about what a few some religious wackos think and abolish the stupid Liqour laws. GA would reap so much more tax revenue if they could sell beer on Sunday, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
I agree...Unlimited Coke!

In those states afflicted by byzantine liquor laws that prevent self-serve, this is a compromise (at least I'd be able to go buck wild on Coke ) that would probably satisfy alot of us.
I have to agree with you there. I have no idea why you can't pour your own soft drink. Although I did read in the paper this morning that they are now looking at soda's as being VERY bad for you. Maybe Delta is just looking out for you. HA! JK

(oh..one final thought, maybe a union thing? )
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:04 am

I agree here too...

Originally Posted by PaulLB
I like The CRC/SR at C37 for the same reason, plus it still has that new CRC smell.

In contrast, the tiny CRC in SAN does have a small bar with about 4 barstools. They usuaully do not have a dedicated bartender on duty, so you have to make eye contact with one of the agents near the entrance and they will come over and help you. I sometimes have the feeling that after the first drink like I'm being judged just because they have to walk all the way over to the bar to serve me, as if there was anything wrong with a seventh blood mary before a 7 AM flight!
It's funny, it does make you stand out. When I order there it is usually morning and I like a leamon aid and vodka. I ordered one last week and the woman said "welcome back...it's been awhile" I asked if she remembered me and she stated "yes...from your drink". Too funny...

(although the younger woman who works at SAN is nice to look at)
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gpscuba2000
It's funny, it does make you stand out. When I order there it is usually morning and I like a leamon aid and vodka. I ordered one last week and the woman said "welcome back...it's been awhile" I asked if she remembered me and she stated "yes...from your drink". Too funny...

(although the younger woman who works at SAN is nice to look at)
I'm pretty sure I've ordered that very beverage there before (and I ask ya, what better beverage to enjoy on a sunny southern California afternoon looking out over the baking tarmac than a tall cool glass of lemonaid with a little something extra? Rhetorical question really, everyone knows the answers is "nothing"), I wonder if she'd has been mistaking me for you all this time.

But to correct any possible misunderstanding, I have always found the SAN CRC staff to be nothing but friendly and professional, even given the added pressure of working in what has to be one of the tiniest clubs in the system.

It would be nice if they eventually went to the WC model of self serve bar given the limited staff, but I'm pretty sure that California beverage control laws would have none of that. Can anyone report whether any former CA World Clubs allowed this arrangement (LAX, SFO?)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.