Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

CRJ flights with Regular DL "mainline" flight #'s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ flights with Regular DL "mainline" flight #'s

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by TTT
All of these arguments assume that the average traveler actually knows that an DL8XX flight used to signify mainline. I would imagine that only the FFs would even blink at the DL8XX* (Operated by Pinnacle)
I'm a FF and don't really pay attention to flight numbers except that 9XXX are something out of the norm and DL1, DL2 are LHR-JFK.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by DLfan
Thanks! Any idea what "merger-staging" means?
Pretty much what it signifies: flight numbers to be used for staging merger-oriented flight changes: additions of flights/subtractions/changes in codeshare partners, etc.

In January of 2010, all of the flight numbers are going to change significantly with the NW flights taking DL-exclusive flight numbers that are usually designated as mainline DL--at that time, all NW flights (mainline) will be designated as DL mainline. Cross-fleeting numbers will disappear from the above list as well as "merger-staging" flight numbers.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DLBeno
Pretty much what it signifies: flight numbers to be used for staging merger-oriented flight changes: additions of flights/subtractions/changes in codeshare partners, etc.

In January of 2010, all of the flight numbers are going to change significantly with the NW flights taking DL-exclusive flight numbers that are usually designated as mainline DL--at that time, all NW flights (mainline) will be designated as DL mainline. Cross-fleeting numbers will disappear from the above list as well as "merger-staging" flight numbers.
Do you think those words that placed beside each other actually helped us understand merger staging?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
The "Merger Staging" flight numbers appear to be numbers DL is leaving open so that when SOC happens the NW and affiliated flight numbers can move into those slots. Those flight numbers will still be handled by the NW reservations system until the reservation systems are merged. The Pinnacle and Mesaba flights will probably stay in the 850-999 range until the reservation systems merge, at which time they would move into the 3000-3649 range for Mesaba, or the 3650-4438 range for Pinnacle. Expect all Northwest international mainline flights to go into the 230-349 range, and all domestic mainline flights to go into the 2100-2999 range.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:03 pm

As I said in my earlier comment, which most people ignored, there are lots of moving flight number ranges due to the merger. It takes time to consolidate and move a carriers range in order to get NW-DL side-by-side ready for 2010 when they become one in a single reservation system.

You cannot change a range overnight. DL858 cannot be Delta one week and Pinnacle next week...they need to all move together.

Originally Posted by indufan
Do you think those words that placed beside each other actually helped us understand merger staging?
Those are reserved for future use. They've been carved out and are getting ready for new flights.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:02 am

I flew on a Delta CRJ 900 for approx 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I was extremely surprised how smooth the flight was. We had great weather, but literally NO turbulence. The plane felt "light" and more agile than the larger aircraft. You did feel the "turns" more so than in larger aircraft, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, my flight in the CRJ went smoother than my flight in an MD-88. Granted I did take off and land in rain in the MD. Pleasantly surprised b/c I'm a very nervous flier and I was expecting a VERY bumpy ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.