Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Travel on Delta w/ a stop in NY & wondering about baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

We are traveling economy to Israel from SF with a 4 day stop in NY. We are hoping we won't be charged for a second checked bag. Has anyone had a problem with this? Thanks, Rob
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:02 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
hoffshi, welcome to FlyerTalk. Please follow in our Delta Airlines forum and I'll move it there. As well, if you have elite status with DL, that will affect the answer. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 6:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i don't believe that you can check bags thru w/a 4 day stop....i would check w/dl.....good luck...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
If I'm not miskaken, I think your first leg with 4 day stopover is counted as a domestic flight, with bag fees. However, I have in the past been able to get the person checking me in to agree that it is part of an international itinerary and give me the international baggage limits even on the first domestic leg.

So I think your best hope is to just be pleasant, polite, and ask for the international baggage limits at check-in. I would suggest checking in with an agent, not the kiosk, in order to do this.

On the other hand, you could first try checking in at a kiosk, and if it tells you you must pay the domestic bag fees, cancel the check-in then get in line for an agent.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:23 pm

If you are on a Single Inl tkt then you are technically allowed the INL Baggage allowance....If your fare allows the stopover then the baggage limits would be the same as well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.