Wiki Posts
Search

What does "confirmed" mean now on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

What does "confirmed" mean now on Delta.com

Hi -

I posted a similar question on the "1 mile upgrade" thread so apologies, but this is a somewhat different question, and (may be) of general interest.

I called last week and got my B-class fare (JFK - DKR) upgraded under the one mile upgrade promotion. At the time, the outbound portion did not have availability and I was waitlisted for Z. (Agent said no problem -- I would still get upgrade for one mile if it cleared.) Delta.com duly showed outbound "confirmed" in B-class, "waitlisted in Z" and "confirmed" return portion in Z.

Earlier this week, I logged on to "itineraries" on delta.com , which now shows both outbound and return reservations confirmed and z-class seats selected for trip -- but also continues to show "confirmed" for the B-class. I have seat assignments for all of them.

Does this mean I am good to go? Still waitlisted? None of the above?

thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
IME this is normal procedure - the mile will be deducted at the airport when you check in and you will then lose the "B" class seat reservation.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terrysalmi
IME this is normal procedure - the mile will be deducted at the airport when you check in and you will then lose the "B" class seat reservation.
Thanks. A clarification and an update--

Clarification: the seat that could be confirmed in Z while I was on the phone (the return portion) immediately went from B to Z confirmed...no more B in "itineraries" on Delta.com.

Update: I called Delta and was told that both (outbound) seats still show because I was waitlisted for Z. I said that was strange because it actually switched from notation of "waitlisted" to "confirmed", and allowed me to select a seat. She said, and I quote: "We've made some updates to Delta.com and the new website works that way."

Does DeltaWebDev know this?

Does this make sense?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.