Wiki Posts
Search

American Eagle Dilemma - Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL AA UA
American Eagle Dilemma - Help!

Here's my issue - I'm a PM on DL, dirt on NW. I have a trans con itin I bought through NW.com for early Nov. with mixed NW flights, DL flights and, just for fun, an Eagle flight LAX-SAN. In my itin, the Eagle flight is listed with its NW codeshare number. I know the DL codeshare number as well as the AA flight number for that flight, but it was booked as the NW codeshare. The fare basis is U on DL and T on NW and Eagle. Here's the rub, I will get full credit for the Eagle flight if I use my NW WP number. However, in doing so, I will lose my u/g chances on the long flights that I normally get over 80% of the time. If I use my DL SM number, I will be eligible for the u/g, but won't get credit for the Eagle flight. At least I think that is correct.

Now, if Jeff and Co. have integrated SM and WP by early Nov., I don't think I'll have an issue as I can just leave my WP number in the res which (I hope) will be automatically changed to my SM number showing my PM status and then (hopefully) I'll be in line for the EUA and, if necessary, the battlefield. If that doesn't happen, then what should I do?

I normally wouldn't care, but from my calculations, I will need those 500 EQMs/MQMs to reach a threshold. Yes, I know we have 5 1/2 months left and I'm sure there is a trip or two I will need to take that is yet to be scheduled, and even if not, I could do a cheap MR or do a Hilton two night stay. However, I just want input on other alternatives that I might not be thinking about. Such as, can I put my DL SM number in for all the flights except the Eagle flight and put my NW WP number in for that one? I know that wouldn't normally fly with DL/NW/CO itins. Also, I can access that Eagle flight on AA.com by using the associated AA PNR and I have chosen my seat for that flight by doing so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.