ATL to DUB July 9, coach loads?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
ATL to DUB July 9, coach loads?

Hi ya,

I've tried to download the KVS availability tool but have been unsuccessful. Can someone kindly tell me what the coach availability is like for the Atlanta to Dublin run, FL# 176 on July 9 and then the return on July 12 DUB to ATL FL#177?

Thank you

NypdLieu
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Looks pretty open, but you never know what the actual availability is until day of departure

DL () 176 0 ATL
07/09/09 8:55 PM DUB
07/10/09 10:00 AM 764
Daily
85% / 28m J9 D9 S9 I9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T7

DL () 177 0 DUB
07/12/09 11:50 AM ATL
07/12/09 3:45 PM 764
Daily
89% / 30m J7 D7 S7 I7 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Why do you want to know? Are you in Coach and hope for an Op-Up?

Well, as of now, Y is only slightly overbooked and J is wide open. Chances might be slim, but one never knows...
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Seatcounter.com is your friend if you don't care about award buckets.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Looks pretty open

DL () 176 0 ATL
07/09/09 8:55 PM DUB
07/10/09 10:00 AM 764
Daily
85% / 28m J9 D9 S9 I9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T7

DL () 177 0 DUB
07/12/09 11:50 AM ATL
07/12/09 3:45 PM 764
Daily
89% / 30m J7 D7 S7 I7 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9
Well, these numbers are "only" from Expertflyer. They do not reflect the actual 'Overbooking Allowance' in Y for ATL-DUB. ATL-DUB is one of the routes that allows a pretty high overbooking rate and as of now, the coach cabin is only slightlo ovrbooked.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Yea- I wish EF actually showed overbooking. Thats a feature I'd pay a little extra for!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Why do you want to know? Are you in Coach and hope for an Op-Up?

Well, as of now, Y is only slightly overbooked and J is wide open. Chances might be slim, but one never knows...
LOL, you got it. I'm PM and even though its a T ticket, I'm holding out some hope for an overbooked Y cabin. As of now, the Delta seat mapper shows one seat available in coach, though I know you cant gauge anything by that.

On a side note, I'd have to say I am rather pathetic. I have only checked the seat mapper for those particlar flights about 100 times a day for the past two weeks, sad, very sad
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
LOL, you got it. I'm PM and even though its a T ticket, I'm holding out some hope for an overbooked Y cabin. As of now, the Delta seat mapper shows one seat available in coach, though I know you cant gauge anything by that.

On a side note, I'd have to say I am rather pathetic. I have only checked the seat mapper for those particlar flights about 100 times a day for the past two weeks, sad, very sad
Lol, its not sad..its typical for FTers! Fellow PM FT'er Evan! got op-up'ed both ways on a TATL T-fare recently.. don't expect it, but I don't think it would be that unusual if you got it. Good luck- keep us updated!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pitbrian
Lol, its not sad..its typical for FTers! Fellow PM FT'er Evan! got op-up'ed both ways on a TATL T-fare recently.. don't expect it, but I don't think it would be that unusual if you got it. Good luck- keep us updated!
I flew JFK to DUB last year and got op-up'ed both ways, so did my GF and she was only a SM.

I flew JFK to ZRH last week and they actually op-up'ed me on the outbound but had to turn it down as my GF didnt get it, oh well. The rule when I fly with my GF is if only I get the op-up, I turn it down!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

People who are obsessive and true frequent flyers should be happy with an ExpertFlyer subscription.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I flew JFK to DUB last year and got op-up'ed both ways, so did my GF and she was only a SM.
That seems to be a good route for op-ups; I was op-upped in both directions flying JFK-DUB on a T fare.

Good luck!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc

I am in Ireland now and was on the 7/3 ATL-DUB flight. BE had about 5 seats showing assigned on the map, and wide open in expert flyer. About 25 pax appear to have been op-upped just prior to departure. BE left full...good luck
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Brian
I am in Ireland now and was on the 7/3 ATL-DUB flight. BE had about 5 seats showing assigned on the map, and wide open in expert flyer. About 25 pax appear to have been op-upped just prior to departure. BE left full...good luck
The last time I was op-upped the class of the ticket remained the same, in a 'T' class fare even though i was in business class.

The time before that, when I was op-upped, the class of the ticket changed to a 'J' class.

What is the policy on op-ups? Has it changed at all from years past so that when you had a coach class fare, it now stays the same?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Brian
could those 25 pax been non revs?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
For what it's worth, my daughter, wife, and I were all op-upped on this route on 6/30. Coach had been full and business wide-open for the last couple of weeks before that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.