Wiki Posts
Search

Change flight fees? How?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Change flight fees? How?

First time Delta customer here...

A couple months ago I booked a flight for myself from YEG to SJO. And of course, prices on this route have dropped.

My exact flight is a couple hundred cheaper and and another flight on my dates is several hundred cheaper.

I tired editing my itinerary online, but it won't let me.

How do I know how much it would cost me to change this flight, if it would even be possible? And how would I go about doing it?

Thanks everyone.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by yeg_man
How do I know how much it would cost me to change this flight, if it would even be possible? And how would I go about doing it?
While viewing your itinerary on DL's website, click "Change Flights" above your itinerary. Then click on "View change & cancellation policies" at the bottom of the itinerary.

You would receive an e-credit in the amount of the fare difference minus the change fee assesed. You can attempt to perform the change online.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

When I click on "Change Flights" i get:

Unable to Edit Itinerary Online

This itinerary cannot be edited online because you may have checked in for some flights, or the schedule for certain flights in this itinerary may have changed.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Just call reservations. Apparently there have been some schedule changes since you first booked it and they need to "clean-up" the PNR. You can then ask them what the change fee is for your particular fare. If it's worth paying the fee then by all means make the change and get DL credit for the difference. You will not, however, receive a refund for the difference on a non-refundable ticket.

Last edited by COpltASgldPHX; Jun 22, 2009 at 3:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, will do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.