Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help snagging FC tix w/SM

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Question Need Help snagging FC tix w/SM

I need help on getting 3 First Class tickets from DTW to GCM (Grand Caymans)for July 2010. I'm trying to plan ahead, so I know that the seats are not open for this time period right now.

Since I won't have enough miles, I will need to purchase 1 of the FC ticket and use miles for the other 2 FC tickets. I currently have approx 135K WP miles that I can transfer to my SM account. My family has about 15K miles that I could transfer to my account if needed. I would need to transfer before the promo ends (5/31/09).

What is the best way to make all this happen?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 27, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Sthack
What is the best way to make all this happen?
A phone call to DL, with as much travel date flexibility & routing flexibility as you can offer.
Old May 27, 2009, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

???

Since the seats are not open for the dates I need, I have no idea how many miles i need for this trip. Does it look like I should transfer my family's miles to my NWA account before the promo ends?
Old May 27, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Could be 80K, could be 150K. Safest plan would be to get 160K miles in your account, and hope to get 2 @ 80K. If you get stuck needing 150K you have enough miles for 1 ticket, and can buy the other 2.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Bear in mind, as has been repeated over and over again in this forum, the old 'book exactly 331 days out for best availability' is dead and gone when it comes to DL. When the window opens, availability will vary all the way up to date of departure.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: ??????????
My advice ... check availability on NW too.

I just booked my wife and mother-in-law TPA&BOS-DTW-CDG R/T. After looking at delta.com and finding plenty of availability at 200k R/T (and only 1 flight at 100k R/T) ... I went to nwa.com and found more desirable flights for 100k R/T, and paid less in fees.

... and nwa.com is 351 days out IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.