Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL miles 0.93 cents for each mile.

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

DL miles 0.93 cents for each mile.

I am getting miles at a convesion rate of 0.93 cents for 1 DL skymile. Is that a good conversion rate? is that a good deal?
Old May 16, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I am getting miles at a convesion rate of 0.93 cents for 1 DL skymile. Is that a good conversion rate? is that a good deal?
With the current Delta and NW promotions, I am clocking .17 cents per mile so far. Does require a bit of work ordering things and doing activities etc. but I will clear 150,000 for ( family members whose accounts I look after )between the two airlines and three promotions.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Not so good...

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are redeeming your miles at a rate of just under a penny per mile?

If you pay for miles using a Delta Amex Card, your conversion rate is 1.00 cents for 1 Dl skymile, which IMHO a mediocre rate. I would aim for 1.5+ cents per mile.

For example, I booked JAX-HNL FC tickets for 75,000 miles each. The ticket was $1900 at the time of booking (a ratio of 2.53 cents per mile). Your ratio is usually higher when you book first/business class v. coach.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I think .93 cpm is fairly decent for DL miles. The value you derive from these miles depends on how you use them. $930 for a Business class ticket to Europe, $1116 for a Business class ticket to Asia, or $1302 for a ticket to Asia in SQ F -- all these sound like solid values (make sure to factor DL's taxes, fees, and surcharges into the calculation; that SQ ticket, if booked a few days before departure by a non-elite, runs more like $2000 a.i.). $232.50 for PDX-SEA ($407.50 if flown on AS and booked less than 3 days before departure) or $232.50 (plus some $200 "international origination surcharge") for CDG-MUC would be rather poor value. At a minimum, you can use your miles at 1 cpm when using "Pay with Miles."

There have been much better offers in the past (e.g., <.02cpm for miles earned from Budget rentals last year), but it's pretty unlikely that such an offer will come back. Finally, keep in mind that DL is willing to sell you miles at 1.1cpm under the current transfer offer -- so I wouldn't jump through a lot of hoops for the .93 cpm deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.