Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Upgrade Priority Calculator (MUPC)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by jfulcher
I think it technically is date of upgrade request - however the upgrade is requested automatically at ticketing unless you uncheck the box. If you don't check it and come back later and request it then I believe you would still be at date of when you checked the box instead of ticketing. I just don't see that anyone would do this.l
Looks like the website owner changed it to "time of ticketing" as second tiebreaker. But I also believe it's "time of request" which coincides with time of ticketing in most cases. However, if the request happens later than ticketing then the two won't match but "time of request" is the second tiebreaker.

-RM
Old May 16, 2009, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by LegalTender
PM/MM carries no clout at all?

You'd think it might break a tie in some permutation.
MM isn't a tiebreaker at all...
Old May 16, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
MM isn't a tiebreaker at all...
It has always been explained to me that MM total plays an important role in how international OP-UPs are determined when all other factors are equal...is this still true? And we all know how agents can proclaim something wholeheartedly without it being true.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by jfulcher
I think it technically is date of upgrade request - however the upgrade is requested automatically at ticketing unless you uncheck the box. If you don't check it and come back later and request it then I believe you would still be at date of when you checked the box instead of ticketing. I just don't see that anyone would do this.l
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Looks like the website owner changed it to "time of ticketing" as second tiebreaker. But I also believe it's "time of request" which coincides with time of ticketing in most cases. However, if the request happens later than ticketing then the two won't match but "time of request" is the second tiebreaker.

-RM
Could be, but that is not what it says on Delta.com (where lower fares may be available) See this page: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ades/index.jsp and footnote 2 under the Confirmation Windows section.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
PM T vs FO Y
Old May 17, 2009, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Could be, but that is not what it says on Delta.com (where lower fares may be available) See this page: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ades/index.jsp and footnote 2 under the Confirmation Windows section.
On that page the criteria are laid out clearly:
* Your confirmation window
* Availability
* Fare class
* Time of request

"Time of request" is the tie breaker. Your reservation will have a request time at the time of ticketing in most situations. There are a few where the request time might be later but those are rare cases.

-RM
Old May 17, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
My upgrade percentage went up significantly after hitting 2MM.
Old May 17, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
My upgrade percentage went up significantly after hitting 2MM.
It will be interesting to see what happens after the merger with NW. I have .5M on DL and 2.3M on NW. If DL puts them together then I should do better than I am doing now.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Some fixes were applied tonight
  1. Fixed issue with DM priority. Ex. A DM B fare was higher than a PM, GM, or FO Y fare.
  2. DL Res Amex is tiebreaker #1. No need to select DL Res Amex anymore. Page should load faster now.
  3. Minor appearance changes.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Added Permalink to MUPC. Basically, you can copy the permalink. Ex. http://cwsi.net/mupc.aspx?status=DM&fare=M

Might also be helpful in situations when someone on FTalk is asking about the rank based on their status and fare.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Now that AFKL Elites are complimentarily upgraded, it would be nice to have it on the calculator.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arthur Randolph
Now that AFKL Elites are complimentarily upgraded, it would be nice to have it on the calculator.
I can add that. It's my understanding that AF and KLM elites are ranked below Silver Medallions on domestic legs of DL flights.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
I can add that. It's my understanding that AF and KLM elites are ranked below Silver Medallions on domestic legs of DL flights.
That is right.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM (5,000mi per week); HH DM; HY DM, MRT PM
Good stuff!
Used it and confirmed I'm #2 on the Upgrade List flying DTW to LAX today.

Sad part: first class is full.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

I've updated the calculator based on the new fares. Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.