Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Does Sky Clubs offer champagne or sparkling wine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 2:57 am
Original Poster

I know the Sky Club at the ATL airport (international concourse E) offers sparkling wine. But I was wondering if any other Sky Clubs offer it in any other locations? What about the TPA (tampa) skyclub location?

thanks
Old May 6, 2009, 4:26 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
I know the Sky Club at the ATL airport (international concourse E) offers sparkling wine. But I was wondering if any other Sky Clubs offer it in any other locations? What about the TPA (tampa) skyclub location?

thanks
It was some really nasty Korbel the last time I was through. Ugh.
Old May 6, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
I rarely see champagne or sparkling wine in CRCs, and I do look. I imagine the only places you'd consistently find it on a regular basis would be international gateways like ATL-E and JFK. However, the bar selection in CRCs seems to vary wildly from location to location, so you never know.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
The ATL CRCs have pretty awful selections, overall. Last time I went through JFK, however, I was stunned to see Bombay Sapphire and Ketel One, and I believe prosecco (though I may not remember that part right).

On an unrelated note, has anyone ever been in the CO Presidents Club at LAS? In addition to their free selections, they offer premium wines and spirits for purchase... they even had a bottle of Opus One, at $40/glass. I actually thought that was an intriguing way to raise some extra cash. I wouldn't shell out that much for Opus One, but I'd consider spending $10 for a decent glass of chardonnay, instead of the swill they serve for free.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
On an unrelated note, has anyone ever been in the CO Presidents Club at LAS? In addition to their free selections, they offer premium wines and spirits for purchase... they even had a bottle of Opus One, at $40/glass. I actually thought that was an intriguing way to raise some extra cash. I wouldn't shell out that much for Opus One, but I'd consider spending $10 for a decent glass of chardonnay, instead of the swill they serve for free.
Most every PC I've been in does this.

DCA CRC has Chivas and Patron Silver!
Old May 6, 2009, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The FRA CRC (signage not yet changed to Sky Club when I went there in April) had a local German sparkling wine there. It was perfectly fine.
Old May 6, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
If you ever get the chance, visit one of the 3 KLM run clubs in AMS. Their selection of self serve EtOH products puts all WC and CRCs to shame. Includes Bombay Sapphire and Dewars 12 year old. Of course Heinekin on tap. Still and sparkling wines. NW WC card used to get you in, it appears DL is keeping the relationship for SC, as the AMS clubs are listed in the SC roster. ^ I hope.
Old May 6, 2009, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I had a $12 Stags Leap Cabernet in IAH. The stemware was different (an actual glass specifically for cabs) from what is normally used. The bartender spent a good 90 seconds making sure the glass was spotless. It was a very generous pour and much better than any of the free wines.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As mentioned, every CO President's Club has the premium wine selection. It started in just the hubs, but then rolled out systemwide. There are usually 3 whites/champagnes and 3 reds, for $9-12 / glass. I've never actually seen the Opus One before. But I can assure you that CO is not raising extra cash; they pretty much are offering these wines at cost.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
The "partner" lounges operated by KLM and AF serve passable champagne @:-)
Old May 6, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by ijgordon
As mentioned, every CO President's Club has the premium wine selection. It started in just the hubs, but then rolled out systemwide. There are usually 3 whites/champagnes and 3 reds, for $9-12 / glass. I've never actually seen the Opus One before. But I can assure you that CO is not raising extra cash; they pretty much are offering these wines at cost.
That's exactly right. A glass of Veuve Clicquot is $10 at the IAH clubs and is a very good value. They top off the glass, and I can't believe they are making any money. They also open a new bottle if the previous one has been sitting too long. At first, I didn't think I would go for paying for the premium wines, but now I look forward to a glass of real champagne. Other than the wines, I stick to complimentary beer and Bloody Marys and a happy camper I am. It's a nice touch of class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.