Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guess DL service = water only DTW-ORD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

It's pure laziness. In comparisaon, I just took a 55 minute flight on Lan Peru between Lima and Cuzco.

In that short time, not only was there a full beverage service and prepackaged snack but the flight attendants came around asking if anyone wanted a refill on their drink. ^
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
+1
He seems to be ignoring the question...The career of bashing Delta seems to be a popular one.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by johnincolumbus
He seems to be ignoring the question...The career of bashing Delta seems to be a popular one.
Head over to the NW forum (or any other forum). Each airline has its bashers. And there are plenty of NW-bashers in the DL crowd, for example.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Head over to the NW forum (or any other forum). Each airline has its bashers. And there are plenty of NW-bashers in the DL crowd, for example.
I think anyone who makes a point of hijacking any thread about an airline they have publicly stated that they do not fly not only has too much time on their hands, but is a problem for a website like this.

This goes for DL people who bash NW on the NW forum, as well as NW or SW people who bash DL here. If you've made your point that you no longer fly Delta, then fine, don't fly them, and don't rail against them endlessly.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:59 pm

Back to the original topic:

Water service is not the standard for a flight of that range. Exceptions being catering mess up, or weather does not allow them to safely roll out the bev carts. What anyone should do on NW operated metal is do a Talk To Us (TTU) on NWA.com. My experience with DTW crew is hit or miss. I've had flights where it's minimal, and others where my glass has never been empty. Be that as it may, the crews won't get better if you don't let the airline know there is a problem. Customer service will forward the complaints to the station manager.

This shouldn't be a Red Tail Versus Blue Tail moment, it should be an opportunity to come together as a group to get the new combined airline to perform better.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
The question is off-topic & NOYB, and discussion/debate of other FT members is a violation of the FT Terms of Service.

And despite my best intentions, I am still stuck with flying these wretched airlines from time to time.

Originally Posted by motytrah
This shouldn't be a Red Tail Versus Blue Tail moment, it should be an opportunity to come together as a group to get the new combined airline to perform better.
Good luck. DL/NW seems to think FT doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Apr 14, 2009 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
I think anyone who makes a point of hijacking any thread about an airline they have publicly stated that they do not fly not only has too much time on their hands, but is a problem for a website like this.

This goes for DL people who bash NW on the NW forum, as well as NW or SW people who bash DL here. If you've made your point that you no longer fly Delta, then fine, don't fly them, and don't rail against them endlessly.
I agree with you but the Mods allow it go on and on. And on and on......Anyway, I personally think there doesn't need to be any service on a flight this short, but I do agree with what someone else said, that is, either have it or don't. Most consumers, dealing with almost any business, want consistency, period.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This thread is closed pending moderator review.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The DL moderators have reviewed the posts on this thread and have decided to re-open it.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:14 pm

Delta's Policy

Here is Delta's official serving policy:

0-250 Miles : Walk-Through, Requests only
251-449 Miles : Single Snack, Beverage
450 or More : Multi Snack/Full Beverage

This does not include first class where PAX are to be offered drink as well as choice of snacks regardless of length of flight. If the flight is less then 250 miles F/A's are told specifically to not offer a beverage service and that is by request only. Believe it or not F/A's can be disciplined if they do not go by these serving guidlines (including if they were to serve if the flight is 250 or less).
Old May 26, 2009, 11:21 am
Original Member
Original Poster

One more data point...yesterday flew STL-ORD AA ORD-DTW UA

STL-ORD is roughly 290 miles MOL...we upgraded so didn't see what was going on in back.

ORD-DTW is under 250 miles....UA did a full beverage service from the cart on the full 757-200

Looks to me like DL is going to have to step up the game a bit or risk being left behind...let's see...UA and WN definitely serve DTW-CHI. AA--probably. DL...request only.

Wonder how long this will last...
Old May 26, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Bingo! Well defined product & consistent execution by employees with uniformly supurb attitudes.
This pretty much sums up what "quality" is: as a customer, do I know what to expect from the airline and do I get what I expect?

Whether you like the WN product or not is a whole other question, but they generally do deliver the product they say they will.

I have only flown WN a few times. I am not a big fan of "open seating" and, more importantly, MDW is a long way from my home (vs ORD or even MKE). But I will be tempted to give them a try again once they start flying from MKE later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.