Wiki Posts
Search

future medalillion levels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
future medalillion levels

Currently 1K on UA, Gold Delta and MVPG Alaska. Will likely not be able to maintain all three next year. Based on bookings thus far will have 1K by summer and really enjoy SWUs but am debating between alaska and delta. Fly a lot to JFK so like status on delta. But while i can probably get Platinum this year, i am not sure if the qualifying mqm's increase that i will be able to in the future. I have heard that platinum requirement for 2010 will increase to 100K. Does anyone know if that is in fact true or just rumor? Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:30 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Of course no one knows if it is true. But if I were a betting man, I would put money on the fact that it will go to 100K (with a further reduction in benefits!)
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
well with the Double/triple EQM promo going on you should be able to do a MR and get delta gold very easly and Plat if you really want it.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:37 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Has anyone had their Double MQM or Triple MQM post yet?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Same as last year, expect it to take 6-8 weeks AFTER promotion period.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by vsop
well with the Double/triple EQM promo going on you should be able to do a MR and get delta gold very easly and Plat if you really want it.
My thoughts exactly. OP, have you factored in the multiple EQM promotions?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
My thoughts exactly. OP, have you factored in the multiple EQM promotions?
unfortunately have purchased many tickets for travel until june already---
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
DL's EQM promo is only good for double the normal pace of earning of EQMs and applies only to the more expensive fares -- most customers wouldn't find it any easier to qualify for status with DL unless paying a premium over the lowest priced fares on delta.com and nwa.com.

If DL raises the level to 100k miles for granting published top-tier benefits for what is basically the rather recent historical norm for Platinum level benefits, then thereafter will DL offer lounge access to the mid-tier elites flying internationally after raising the status qualifying criteria and messing around with the benefits in a most customer-unfriendly way?

No one should hold their breath waiting for DL to give SkyTeam ElitePlus status to all the DL-NW mid-tier elites; nor should they expect DL to be competitive with what AA and/or UA provide to their own mid-tier and/or top-tier elites.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Yes. Traveled Wednesday. Posted today. 012 Ticket, DL flight. No problems.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by fti
Of course no one knows if it is true. But if I were a betting man, I would put money on the fact that it will go to 100K (with a further reduction in benefits!)
I am not so sure. With the economy the way it is I think they will stick to the present levels for next year--and offer sweetened ways to get to higher levels. Now, after the economy improves and business people start traveling again, you might see them up the ante. Until then, I don't think it will happen.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Yes. Traveled Wednesday. Posted today. 012 Ticket, DL flight. No problems.
I think you need to look again, DL states that the bonus will not show till after the Promo period ends. You should still see your normal EQM's and Bonus but not the EQM bonus.

And GUWonder I say Double/Triple because at least DL lets you double the 150% on your EQM bonus, The CO is only 100% max EQM bonus.

So if you do book a front cabin or the high fare Y you get the triple EQM. Which is great, as I will be doing a TPA-JFK-AMM trip in Business on DL at the end of the month, so that combined with my trip to SIN (Only 1 leg will get the 150% the rest 100% bonus) will put me at over 80K EQM alone. On CO with its double you would only get a 50% EQM bonus which is total crap. Which is why I am flying DL metal overseas during the promo and not CO (Big mistake on CO's part as I am a high rev pax).
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I am not so sure. With the economy the way it is I think they will stick to the present levels for next year--and offer sweetened ways to get to higher levels. Now, after the economy improves and business people start traveling again, you might see them up the ante. Until then, I don't think it will happen.
DL isn't rational. JeffBob seems to think that whatever "best of class" changes they make, the DL/NW elites will just suck it up.

Many of us sucked it up by leaving.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:44 pm

I think you need to look again, DL states that the bonus will not show till after the Promo period ends. You should still see your normal EQM's and Bonus but not the EQM bonus.

And GUWonder I say Double/Triple because at least DL lets you double the 150% on your EQM bonus, The CO is only 100% max EQM bonus.

So if you do book a front cabin or the high fare Y you get the triple EQM. Which is great, as I will be doing a TPA-JFK-AMM trip in Business on DL at the end of the month, so that combined with my trip to SIN (Only 1 leg will get the 150% the rest 100% bonus) will put me at over 80K EQM alone. On CO with its double you would only get a 50% EQM bonus which is total crap. Which is why I am flying DL metal overseas during the promo and not CO (Big mistake on CO's part as I am a high rev pax).
Ok:

Mileage Activity
Date Flight Class
Flown/Paid Description of Mileage Credit Elite Qualifying Banked
Miles Code
Designated Operated Miles Seg
08APR2009 DL 6505 DL 6505 Q/Q MKE - ATL 669 1 669
100% Platinum Elite Bonus 669
DL 2065 DL 2065 Q/Q ATL - TPA 500 1 500
100% Platinum Elite Bonus 500
Double Elite Qualification Bonus 1,169

My emphisis

Last edited by tvnwz; Apr 10, 2009 at 2:49 pm
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:02 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
As I said, if I were a betting man....

Keep hoping. And don't forget about the tooth fairy either
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
They better do something, I'm sick and tired of the stampede to boarding when zone 2-3 is called. I fly 200K+ and find it terrible customer service that a GM jumps the upgrade line because of the higher fare paid but if you add it up over the year I will spend 10,000's more $$$. Give me elite Plat or I'm out of here. 125K minimum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.