Wiki Posts
Search

Booking NW Codeshares on Dl.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM/3MM
Booking NW Codeshares on Dl.com

I've been trying to book JFK-PDX-LAX-JFK on Dl.com. The Dl.com online flight schedule shows that there are three flights/day from PDX to LAX, listed as a Northwest flight number that is actually an Alaska Airlines flight. I assume since it shows up on the flight schedule on DL.com, that I should be able to book it on DL.com, but have been unable to do so. Any idea how to do this?

I think I can book it on NW.com, but I'd prefer to have all my itineraries in one place (since they need to be monitored for frequent time and aricraft changes). I also found interesting that the same itinerary had a different price on NW.com depending on whether I chose the DL-coded/DL metal flight or the NW-coded/DL metal flight for the LAX-JFK portion.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
The same thing happened to me. A portion was on an Alaska Air flight and the website would not complete the transaction. It did give me a reference number and a phone number for web site support. They were able to complete the transaction.

Could be a bug with dealing with the Alaska Air flight on DL.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM/3MM
Thanks for the info. I couldn't even get the Northwest code share flight to show up during the booking process. Do you remember how you booked it on dl.com, e.g. by schedule, etc., to get the reference code?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I've booked three itins on nwa.com in the past few weeks. Two of them show up when I log into delta.com. So, based on that sample, you have a 67% chance of still seeing it on dl.com if you book on nwa.com.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:19 pm

Only speculation but - maybe something about the multi-city itinerary is causing the booking engine to hiccup? I just went over to delta.com and asked for a simple round trip PDX-LAX, and the NW codeshare flights on Alaska Air did show up. As for actually booking NW codeshares on delta.com... I've never gotten it to work - though admittedly I only tried once. (I kept getting an error message after putting in my credit card number, saying "this service is currently unavailable" or somesuch.) In that case I went over to nwa.com, got the exact same fare, and booked the flight there. The DL Web site did show the itinerary - apparently based on my FF number - and it even let me pick my seats on the one leg that was a Delta flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.