Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-OGG Which route for best FC seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
ATL-OGG Which route for best FC seats?

I know Hawaii has been discussed so much before but with the refurbishing of Delta airplanes, are the seats getting better on the 757?

I read before that form SLC, NW is the best choice because of the A330. Or was that to HNL??

I'm planning to go to Maui in Feb 2010. The FC awards seats are 135,000 each right now. Not sure if it's worth it if I'm stuck in the old FC crappy seat.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AMEX DL Plat
So much is going to change by that point. I am going Aug of this year and my flight and configs have changed about 6 times already, with SMS calling me every time.

Other than that I would recommend trying to get ATL-LAX-OGG. The reason I said this is because you can try to take ATL-LAX of DL 243 which is the first part of ATL-LAX-SYD in layflat seats.

Pretty much all the flights right now from LAX and SEA to OGG are using Ex-ATA planes with no personal IFE, but footrest.

Another option is to take ATL-HNL-OGG. You would have to take Hawaiian from HNL-OGG, but that should be really simple. You would take a 747-400.

As I said, these flights will change. My ATL-SEA-OGG went from a NW flight with no IFE or anything, to a 757 with BE, to a 763, to now 757 ETOPS. And I bought this ticket in December! Your best bet is to go ahead and buy it, and see.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
NW's A330 is only used on MSP-HNL. I know SLC-OGG does have 757-200s with BusinessElite at times, but as cdh2585 mentions, schedule changes will occur between now and February.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Rewards Gold; Amex Platinum
I'm going to Maui in June and am taking the 747 from ATL-HNL and then connecting to an island hopper on a separate ticket. The first class (which is actually a world business class seat on the former NWA plane) tix were only 75K miles per ticket. Having done it from LAX-OGG in domestic first seats, I'll take the connection in HNL any day to get the better seat and for less miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.