Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

25,000 bonus miles for select non-stops from CVG 2/12-5/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver

Just recieved this email:

Hello Mr. bearcat74,

Enjoy big rewards and competitive fares for flying from Cincinnati.

Purchase and fly nonstop round-trip flights between Cincinnati (CVG) and 15 select cities across the U.S. now through May 12, 2009, and earn up to 25,000 bonus miles.
1st round trip = 3,000 miles
2nd round trip = 3,000 miles
3rd round trip = 4,000 miles
4th round trip = 5,000 miles
5th round trip = 10,000 miles
Total 25,000 bonus miles

Now, you have 25,000 reasons to fly from Cincinnati—a very big bonus mile offer and of course, competitive fares.

Fly nonstop round trip between Cincinnati (CVG) and these cities:
Atlanta (ATL) Newark (EWR)
Baltimore (BWI) Philadelphia (PHL)
Charlotte (CLT) Phoenix (PHX)
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) San Diego (SAN)
Denver (DEN) San Francisco (SFO)
Kansas City (MCI) Seattle (SEA)
Los Angeles (LAX) Washington-Reagan National (DCA)
New York/LaGuardia (LGA)

Earning up to 25,000 bonus miles on these select flights will bring you that much closer to an Award Travel ticket from Delta. We serve more worldwide destinations than any other airline; so you'll always have more places to choose from.

Enjoy more miles and great fares. Register today, book your flight between Cincinnati and 15 select cities and complete your travel now through
May 12, 2009.

Terms & Conditions

A portion of travel for some itineraries may be on Delta Connection® carriers: Comair, Freedom Airlines, or Pinnacle Airlines.

Eligibility: To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online at delta.com/cvgbonus and fly between February 12 and May 12, 2009.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly round-trip nonstop flights between Cincinnati (CVG) and Atlanta/ATL; Baltimore/BWI; Charlotte/CLT; Dallas/Fort Worth/DFW; Denver/DEN; Kansas City/MCI; Los Angeles/LAX; New York/LaGuardia/LGA; Newark/EWR; Philadelphia/PHL; Phoenix/PHX; San Diego/SAN; San Francisco/SFO; Seattle/SEA; or Washington-Reagan National/DCA between February 12 and May 12, 2009 and earn up to 25,000 bonus miles (3,000 miles for first round-trip flight, 3,000 miles for second round-trip flight, 4,000 miles for third round-trip flight, 5,000 miles for fourth round-trip flight and 10,000 miles for fifth round-trip flight). Qualifying flights include any Delta, Northwest, Northwest Airlink® (includes Mesaba, Pinnacle, and Compass) or Delta Connection carrier flights. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection and Northwest Airlink carriers are excluded from this offer.

Travel Period: Travel must be between February 12 and May 12, 2009. All travel must be completed by May 12, 2009.

Additional Restrictions: Bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion (May 12, 2009). Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Hotel and rental car additions are subject to the terms and conditions of the service provider. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97061536.
© 2009 Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Register at: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_...GSTIMG25-A-A-A
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Thanks OP ^

Mrs. Italy and I are registered and know what we will be doing with a few weekends
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Just read the very find print

How it Works (The Rules)
Origins and Destinations - Round-trip sale fares for travel between Cincinnati, OH and select U.S. cities

Fares - $62–$217 one-way, based on a round-trip purchase**

Purchase by - Ongoing
Travel Period - Ongoing
Advance Purchase and Minimum Stay - Except for walk-up fares, all tickets must be purchased at least 21 days prior to departure; Round-trip fares require a three night or Saturday night stay, whichever comes first.

Blackout Dates - Blackout dates apply. During peak travel periods such as holiday periods and spring break, seats at these fares are extremely limited.

Other Rules - Fares shown available at delta.com or other ticketing channels.

**For more information regarding additional fare rules, taxes, fees, and baggage charges that may apply, see Terms and Conditions.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Must not be highly targeted, as I was able to register, no problem. Didn't get the email.

Unlikely I'll get an RT to any of these cities originating in CVG. Hopefully, this promo, like so may others, will be glitchy and simply activity to/thru CVG will trigger.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbatl
Must not be highly targeted, as I was able to register, no problem. Didn't get the email.

Unlikely I'll get an RT to any of these cities originating in CVG. Hopefully, this promo, like so may others, will be glitchy and simply activity to/thru CVG will trigger.
Yeah - might end up working like the Atlanta double miles promo last fall. If you are going say LAX-CVG-XXX-CVG-LAX you may get it on the LAX-CVG segments.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:48 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Thanks. You're all set.

Now that you've registered, take a look around and see all the great places we can take you."

Yeah, probably not targeted if I can register successfully.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
I figured it's about $730ai to do (5) CVG-BWI Sat-stay turns, to earn 5000 EQMs, and 30000 RDMs (base + bonus). That's $0.0243/RDM, yet $0.146/EQM. It gets better if you can toss in Gold/Plat 100% RDM bonuses. Sounds like a great deal... if you're already flying the routes.

Does DL offer something equivalent to NW SuperSize?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Leave it to a FlyerTalker to make it complicated.

Does the entire roundtrip have to be flown during the promo period? I am now registered and I have an already purchased ticket that I am flying the return portion of it tomorrow from DFW-CVG. Then at the end of the promo period, I am flying the outbound portion of a CVG-DFW on May 10th but don't return until the period is over. I will assume that those won't count and if they do I will just take the extra. I have 3 other CVG-DFW trips between those that definitely should count. One already purchased and 2 more purchased today. I don't think any of the other destinations are on my list for the coming couple of months.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Arrgh... earlier this week I was looking at fares to LGA to meet LH for the *A Airbus do and passed over a 156$ DL fare via CVG to go direct on NW for 226$.

I guess the promo runs till May 12, so there is still some time for creative thinking
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, PC Gold
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Yeah - might end up working like the Atlanta double miles promo last fall. If you are going say LAX-CVG-XXX-CVG-LAX you may get it on the LAX-CVG segments.
I don't think that will be the case. I don't think it is targeting the connecting people, but rather people who are coming to Cincy, or going out of Cincy to increase the business in CVG along with last week's decent price drop.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kelle01
I don't think that will be the case. I don't think it is targeting the connecting people, but rather people who are coming to Cincy, or going out of Cincy to increase the business in CVG along with last week's decent price drop.
I agree 100%. They are trying to get people in the habit of at least looking at CVG for fares instead of turning to SDF, DAY, IND, CMH, LEX first.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98

How it Works (The Rules)
Origins and Destinations - Round-trip sale fares for travel between Cincinnati, OH and select U.S. cities

Purchase by - Ongoing
Travel Period - Ongoing
Advance Purchase and Minimum Stay - Except for walk-up fares, all tickets must be purchased at least 21 days prior to departure; Round-trip fares require a three night or Saturday night stay, whichever comes first.

Blackout Dates - Blackout dates apply. During peak travel periods such as holiday periods and spring break, seats at these fares are extremely limited.

**For more information regarding additional fare rules, taxes, fees, and baggage charges that may apply, see Terms and Conditions.
Those seem to be the T&C's related to the new lower advance purchace fares out of CVG and not specifically related to the promo. Promo simply states you have to fly non-stop round trip between CVG and the listed cities. Of course, for FT'ers we want that to also include the lowest CPM
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Italy98

How it Works (The Rules)

Purchase by - Ongoing
Travel Period - Ongoing

Where did you find this fine print on this offer. I don't see it anywhere on the registration site or in their T&C on this?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbagdon
I figured it's about $730ai to do (5) CVG-BWI Sat-stay turns, to earn 5000 EQMs, and 30000 RDMs (base + bonus). That's $0.0243/RDM, yet $0.146/EQM. It gets better if you can toss in Gold/Plat 100% RDM bonuses. Sounds like a great deal... if you're already flying the routes.
I'm seeing $125 a/i Saturday same day turns on Saturdays in late April/early May. Already booked one, may need one more depending if my other travels take me to get that last 10K of miles. Already have trips CVG-PHL and CVG-DFW (twice) for 3 of 5.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:23 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
The Kansas City flight at the gate next to mine yesterday morning was oversold. For some reason, lots of people wanted to go there on a Monday morning.

Met a lovely woman on the flight and told her about this offer. She never flies from CVG for personal travel (says that 90% of the time, she ends up going to IND) but does for work, so this will come in handy for her. Matter of fact, a shame she didn't know about this earlier because she was flying CVG-ATL last night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.