Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

500 Bonus Miles: Link Your SkyMiles & WorldPerks Accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 Bonus Miles: Link Your SkyMiles & WorldPerks Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by jbatl
How come nwa.com can post the bonus 500 immediately and dl.com takes 4-6 weeks???
Even worse, https://www.delta.com/skymiles/manag...unts/index.jsp says it'll be 4-6 weeks after March 15, 2009.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Can I consolidate 2 NW accounts (mine and my 4-year old son's) to one Delta account?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL-PM/R, 1985 US
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Can I consolidate 2 NW accounts (mine and my 4-year old son's) to one Delta account?
Now would be the time to try....
Like right now.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:18 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
how about merging my NW (asia) account to my DL account and leave my NW (usa) account alone
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
According to the T&Cs, that might not be a great idea.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
BlindPilot, if your son is Your Name Jr., it should work fine. "Names must match." Of course, maybe if last names & addresses but not first names match, it may work anyway.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL-PM/R, 1985 US
Originally Posted by icurhere2
According to the T&Cs, that might not be a great idea.
As I said....
Now is the time.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

If your flight is MED., HIGH, or PERKPASS, U can't book yet by using the other airlines miles directly--so transfer appropriately.

Also, DL allows a stopover on domestic US awards, but NW does not.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Thinking about this more and kind of amazed how smoothly this works. No error messages. No waiting for the miles to post (except DL's bonus). Prompt email that not only confirms the link, but also confirms the transfer in the same email.

Then, I see that nwa.com hosts the link page and the transfer page. I see that nwa.com auto-sends the email. And this 'best of both' airline is keeping DL's IT infrastructure? Why, exactly? Someone? Anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Bravo DL/NW!

Thinking about this more and kind of amazed how smoothly this works. No error messages. No waiting for the miles to post (except DL's bonus). Prompt email that not only confirms the link, but also confirms the transfer in the same email.

Then, I see that nwa.com hosts the link page and the transfer page. I see that nwa.com auto-sends the email. And this 'best of both' airline is keeping DL's IT infrastructure? Why, exactly? Someone? Anyone?
jbatl - I agree with you 100%. This must not have been easy to pull off from an IT perspective.

Bravo DL and NW (judging by the emails, etc. I am guessing more of my "Bravo" should go to the NW IT folks than the DL!.

Regards,
TFD
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

Then, I see that nwa.com hosts the link page and the transfer page. I see that nwa.com auto-sends the email.
Did you use the nwa.com link from the OP's post, or the link posted at delta.com?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Did you use the nwa.com link from the OP's post, or the link posted at delta.com?
They both link to the same place--nwa.com
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by soitgoes
They both link to the same place--nwa.com
Yep. Very telling.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
Yep. Very telling.
I might stay with the New Global Airline® if NWA.com and NW IT was going to survive the merger. Sadly, I am hearing that they're going to go the other direction on both counts.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
do i need to transfer all but one mile from say my DL to NWA account or vice versa? I ask b/c if I transfer every mile will my account with a zero balance get shut down?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.