Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Expiration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PL 2MM, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Credit Expiration

Have a quick question related to the expiration of a credit from a canceled itinerary:

If I purchased a non refundable ticket January 1, 2009 and then subsequently canceled it it would have a 1 year expiration date of January 1, 2010.

Does that expiration date require it to be used to purchase another ticket by January 1, 2010 or must the actual travel occur on or before that date?

Thanks in advance ...
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA,DL
You have to purchase another ticket by Jan 01, 2010.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:40 pm

credit expiration date determined by date itin was TICKETED or CANCELED

Is the credit expiration date determined by date the original itin was TICKETED or CANCELED?

For the case above ticket purchased Jan 1 2008. If it was then canceled Dec 31 2009 would:

(A) The credit have to be used one year from date of original purchase (ie use by Jan 1 2009 with travel up to 331 days beyond).

or

(B.) The credit have to be used one year from the date of cancel (ie use by Dec 31 2010 with travel up to 331 days beyond).

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by biverson
Is the credit expiration date determined by date the original itin was TICKETED or CANCELED?

For the case above ticket purchased Jan 1 2008. If it was then canceled Dec 31 2009 would:

(A) The credit have to be used one year from date of original purchase (ie use by Jan 1 2009 with travel up to 331 days beyond).

or

(B.) The credit have to be used one year from the date of cancel (ie use by Dec 31 2010 with travel up to 331 days beyond).

Thanks!
A. From the ticketed date.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:44 pm

The information I got from Delta is that travel must be completed 1 year from the original ticket issue date, whether the ticket was canceled or not.

You cannot use cancelled ticket credit for any travel after 1 year from the original ticket issue date.

Please correct this if wrong or inaccurate
Old May 3, 2010, 9:33 pm

All travel would need to be completed by 1yr from the original date of purchase if this is a domestic RT ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.