Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Never received Platinum companion voucher - contact DL or AMEX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I never received my annual companion voucher for my Delta AMEX Platinum Skymiles card. Not sure if maybe requesting a different monthly due date during the summer might have screwed something up. Usually I get the voucher early Fall.

Should I contact Delta about the missing voucher, or American Express? Assuming they say they sent it, is there a way for them to either provide the serial number to me, or reissue one? Unlike many recipients, I actually have a trip being planned where I think I can use it.

Thanks.

Jeff
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:21 am
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jwhite4
I never received my annual companion voucher for my Delta AMEX Platinum Skymiles card. Not sure if maybe requesting a different monthly due date during the summer might have screwed something up. Usually I get the voucher early Fall.

Should I contact Delta about the missing voucher, or American Express? Assuming they say they sent it, is there a way for them to either provide the serial number to me, or reissue one? Unlike many recipients, I actually have a trip being planned where I think I can use it.

Thanks.

Jeff
Same thing happened to me - I didn't receive my companion voucher till months later than I normally do. Call AMEX about it - they actually have a documentation system where they can look up when it was supposed to be sent, if it was sent, and what the certificate number was. If they did send it, you can request they reissue one like you expect while canceling the previous certificate.

Hope that helps!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:09 am

I called the customer service number on the card and a voucher was sent within a few days.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:12 pm

Mine took about 6 weeks from the card activation date.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Thanks for reminding me: I didn't receive mine, either.

I'll give the # on the card a call.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL GM
Same as above. Amex, definitely.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I have had to call every year for mine for the last three years.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:05 pm

Free AMEX voucher giveaway!!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Thanks for the thread . . .as I was reading it, I realized I hadn't gotten mine and it normally comes late Oct.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:41 am

I just got off the phone with AMEX with this exact problem. I called in November and was told they would open an investigation and get back to me. They never got back to me. Today I was lucky. My call was being recording (I could hear the beep every 30 sec. or so), so a supervisor must have been helping the gal I was talking to. After putting me on hold for a very short time, she came back and said my vouchers would be to me in 24 to 48 hours. I will be shocked if they overnight them to me.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't followup:

We regret the inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Please be advised that I have requested that a replacement Delta Companion Certificate be issued. I have requested that we expedite the request.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

This was 12/30; if it's expedited, maybe I'll see something next week.

Semi-related - is the only way to use these still with a live agent? Especially with the $99 companion voucher, by the time the $20 x 2 direct ticketing fee is added in, the effective savings isn't that much.

Jeff
Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by jwhite4

Semi-related - is the only way to use these still with a live agent? Especially with the $99 companion voucher, by the time the $20 x 2 direct ticketing fee is added in, the effective savings isn't that much.

Jeff

Good question! I'd like to know this as well.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I emailed AMEX via the "Contact Us" section of their website when I didn't get my $99 gold companion certificate. I ended up with two.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:20 am
Original Poster

I did finally get my voucher (and as others commented, they sent me two of them).

Since this seems to be the current AMEX Companion voucher thread, I'm wondering if anyone knows if Northwest flights can be used with the voucher?

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.