Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-DKR-CPT and short layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, British Airways Silver
ATL-DKR-CPT and short layover

Has anyone made the ATL-DKR-CPT connection with the two hour layover in DKR? It appears from the itinerary that there is a plane change, but I'm not complete certain (both 767s, only on looks to be a 400). I can't imagine that Delta would make that two hour layover unless it was just pretty much a guarantee that the connection is possible under nearly all circumstances (given that options from there are really limited should there be a missed flight). Any thoughts or experiences appreciated!
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Gld Med, AMEX Plt, DL Skymiles Plt.
We did ATL-CPT-JBG and you do not change planes just fuel, catering maybe a couple on or off and a stupid security check it took 1.5 in June.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 5:28 pm

I think you have to change planes for CPT as that bird is the one that comes from JFK if I read correctly. If it were me, I would monitor the JFK-DKR flight status and make sure it looked like it was all going to work out. If something seemed awry, I would speak up in ATL. I doubt there is much that can be done in DKR if you miss there....except maybe take a tour of the place until the next night. As a for instance, catching a potential problem in ATL might allow them to put you on AF that night connecting in CDG to CPT. A delay yes, but not likely as long as giving up a day in DKR.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:55 pm
Pam

We didn't want to run any risks in September, so stayed on the plane and changed in JNB. Some members of our group did the plane change, and all went very well; the planes both landed at about the same time and the switch-over was smooth.

I still would worry about having to stay in DKR, and then maybe not getting my seat the next day. Or any day. I worry that way.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Did that this morning. Other than it being an obnoxious middle of the night stop which interrupts one's sleep - it worked just find both ways. You get off the plane and onto a designated bus, they check your passport and onward DL ticket. They bus you to a room in the terminal with comfy chairs, free water and coffee. Eventually they call the flight, take your ticket, put you back on the bus and drive you back out to the other DL plane (which was likely parked next to the one you got off of). There is in theory security when you board but they seemed to check no one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.