Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Signed up myself and mrs sjs58 for promo. Went ahead and sent 20K for her...watch and see.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:02 pm

i'm just hoping the points from the spg amex show up in 5 weeks instead of the 8-12 they quote...

also, the first couple times i tried to register for this promo i got the error 'your session has timed out' but when i switched from google chrome browser to internet explorer it worked. so use IE if having probs, don't use Chrome for this.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Sorry...didn't read carefully..thanks.

Originally Posted by pitbrian
You nearly just gave me a heart attack.
"Convert Partner Points to Miles:
Club Rewards from Diners Club International; Banco Santander Brazil—SuperBônus Program; HSBC Clube de Beneficios; Hertz #1 Awards; Choice Privileges; EA$Y CHOICE; Hilton HHonors; Hyatt Gold Passport; Sirius by Jumeirah; Marriott Rewards; Priority Club Rewards; Radisson goldpoints plus; Sofitel Compliments Points; Sol Meliá MaS Rewards; Starwood Preferred Guest; Taj Inner Circle; Wyndham Rewards. "
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Colin
It appears AMEX Membership Rewards point transfers are not eligible.
So do we think this is just an accidental omission or for real? Seems odd that they included just about every other partner under the sun, but restricted MR.

Even with the bonuses being incredibly generous, I can't bring myself to transfer any SPG over to Delta. I'd probably transfer almost all of my MR if possible.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:20 pm

My mistake there isn't an additional %30 for SPG
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Did anybody notice this?:

Shopping and Others:
1-800-FLOWERS.COM; Aquasana; Bose; Bosley; Buy/Gift Miles; Clear; DHL Express; e-Miles; e-Rewards; FTD.com; getAbstract; Gourmet Center (Biscoff); Hartmann Luggage; Hartwick & Grove Wine Merchants; Java City; LATHER; LimoRes; Network Solutions; Organic Bouquet; Organic Style; Samsonite; SkyMall; SkyMiles Clothing Care; SkyMilesShopping.com; SkyMiles Shopping UK; The SkyMiles Store; Teleflora; Transfer Miles; Vinesse Wine Clubs.

So now if you transfer miles, your recipient could get 150% bonus, even better than the expiring 100% bonus.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
"So now if you transfer miles, your recipient could get 150% bonus, even better than the expiring 100% bonus."

Is this verified? There must be some way to prevent transferring miles back and forth between accounts if this is the case. Limit one transaction per account? Something like that?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
"So now if you transfer miles, your recipient could get 150% bonus, even better than the expiring 100% bonus."

Is this verified? There must be some way to prevent transferring miles back and forth between accounts if this is the case. Limit one transaction per account? Something like that?
You are missing the point that it costs money to transfer miles in the first place.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:25 pm

I think there is a limit to how many miles can be transferred into an account per year.

Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:32 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by bearcat74
I think 30K DC points gets you 85,500 Skymiles:

30K Original transfer
10.5K 35% bonus
45K 150% bonus on base

85.5K Total

I know from a transfer earlier in the year that the DC extra bonus (in this case the 35%) posts in the bonus column not the regular miles column so I don't think you would get the 150% on the extra 35%. Just my 2 cents, but that seems to be how others are looking at it as well.
ah... too bad. still a good deal though... going to Africa later next year, two tix for 57k DC points sounds great vs 80k DL each..
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
I have not flown delta but I have lots of spg points.

How easy is it to redeem for NWA or CO business class to Asia using Sky Miles? and How many miles? from what I can gather it is 120K for NWA but on delta is has low medium high, whatever that means
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
Why not purchase 10k hilton points for $100, transfer to delta for 25k
0.4c/point?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The transformation of SkyMiles into SkyLessMiles.
More like "SkyMiles,Etc"?? or "MoreSkyMiles"? or "SkyMiles&More"?

More ways to get SkyMiles equals "SkyLessMiles" ?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superflyer99
Why not purchase 10k hilton points for $100, transfer to delta for 25k
0.4c/point?
Because the exchange rate isn't 1:1.
With most airlines, 10K HHonors points will net you 1500 miles (and with some airlines, even less).
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...es.do#exchange
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They charge a lot of money for the transfers. It's almost like buying them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.