Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Colin
20,000 SPG transfers as 25,000 DL. The 25,000 DL miles are one lump sum.
By doing this, would one automatically reach the top level of the promotion and get the 150% mileage bonus? If so, this seems like a no-brainer if you have SPG points to spare!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by upgrader
Strange. Can't see how this would help DL's bottom line in any way.
In the short term, it raises cash by increasing the number of partner transactions. Partners pay DL for miles.

Originally Posted by upgrader
Why do I have the feeling we'll get devaluation news early next year?
This would not surprise me.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
How much do we speculate Delta partners pay for miles? This promo is crazy....
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by andymo99
...Mod: Please edit my thread title to read "Up to 150% mileage bonus for most miles earned through year-end"
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Done.
Thanks. Care to make one more edit and append "2008" to the end of the thread title?

I can foresee this thread popping up as a "remember when" after year-end, so this way no one will be teased when it is front page, but obsolete, down the road.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:17 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thanks. Care to make one more edit and append "2008" to the end of the thread title?

I can foresee this thread popping up as a "remember when" after year-end, so this way no one will be teased when it is front page, but obsolete, down the road.
I agree, and it is done.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
but seems like SPG transfer not eligible per T&C..not listed..
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by haricharan
but seems like SPG transfer not eligible per T&C..not listed..
You nearly just gave me a heart attack.
"Convert Partner Points to Miles:
Club Rewards from Diners Club International; Banco Santander Brazil—SuperBônus Program; HSBC Clube de Beneficios; Hertz #1 Awards; Choice Privileges; EA$Y CHOICE; Hilton HHonors; Hyatt Gold Passport; Sirius by Jumeirah; Marriott Rewards; Priority Club Rewards; Radisson goldpoints plus; Sofitel Compliments Points; Sol Meliá MaS Rewards; Starwood Preferred Guest; Taj Inner Circle; Wyndham Rewards. "
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by pitbrian
How much do we speculate Delta partners pay for miles? This promo is crazy....
On this case the Delta is multiplying the miles and not partners. Obviously Delta's book value for miles is extremely low.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pitbrian
You nearly just gave me a heart attack.
"Convert Partner Points to Miles:
Club Rewards from Diners Club International; Banco Santander Brazil—SuperBônus Program; HSBC Clube de Beneficios; Hertz #1 Awards; Choice Privileges; EA$Y CHOICE; Hilton HHonors; Hyatt Gold Passport; Sirius by Jumeirah; Marriott Rewards; Priority Club Rewards; Radisson goldpoints plus; Sofitel Compliments Points; Sol Meliá MaS Rewards; Starwood Preferred Guest; Taj Inner Circle; Wyndham Rewards. "
This really makes the promo too easy! Does this not seem too good to be true? Who wants to be the first brave soul to try it?!

Basically, we trade 20,000 SPG points for 62,500 Sky Miles?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by holtju2
Rather generous promo.

Where one can find the complete SkyMiles redemption chart? The one that was on Delta.com was only for trips originating in North America. I was looking for intra-Africa etc redemption charts.
It doesn't exist except within DL itself. DL has removed it from public view and as a result keeps customers ignorant of how much award tickets currently do cost.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
In the short term, it raises cash by increasing the number of partner transactions. Partners pay DL for miles.

This would not surprise me.
Exactly -- cash now and the devaluation will follow by way of the 3-tier award chart implementation in order to mask from public view the full extent of the devaluation.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:34 am
Suspended

There is a detailed list of qualifying earning partners. Notably, they do include credit card mileage as well as conversions from other sources (e.g. Diners Club points, Starwood, etc.). Frustratingly, miles earned by flying (on DL or partners) do not qualify. So once again, a mega-promo that does not reward people for flying.
The transformation of SkyMiles into SkyLessMiles.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I'm trying to transfer 37,000 *points into DL Skymiles, and get the error message "Points required to transfer is not within the range." Any idea what this means?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone know if the 20k initial bonus miles for signing up for the DL Amex card would qualify for this promotion (as "base" miles)?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I'm trying to transfer 37,000 *points into DL Skymiles, and get the error message "Points required to transfer is not within the range." Any idea what this means?
You will need to split that transfer into two transactions. DL has a weird limit with Starwood transfers.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...tnerCode=DELTA
Starwood Preferred Guests may transfer up to 27,000 of your StarpointsŪ into their Delta Air Lines account at a 1-to-1 ratio. And for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred within the same transaction, members earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints that will be automatically added to their transfer up to a maximum of 32,000 miles per eligible transfer.

There is no minimum point transfer requirement for SPG Platinum members. SPG Gold members have a minimum point transfer of 1,500 Starpoints and SPG Preferred members have a minimum point transfer of 2,500.

Transfer maximums are based on a combination of member Starpoints and the Starwood Preferred Guest airline transfer transaction bonus. Only one airline transfer transaction per member per program per 24 hour period is allowed; multiple transfer transactions within the same 24 hour period will reject. Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request; different names will cause the transfer to reject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.