Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Ironically my AMEX credit card statement closed on Nov 13...does that mean that the miles that posted on the 14th automatically count? or does it mean that whatever I spend between Nov 13 and end of promo are what counts. Is it the actual spending date or the actual posting date that counts?

This seems similar to NW promos where there are different thresholds to cross.
Mine closed on the 12th, the date of the posting is the 13, but the text in the description of the posting says posted on the 14. That would be sweet if those counted. Too bad I hit the thresholds earlier in the year and basically stopped using the DL Amex.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
I hope I am wrong!
you are probably right. That would make sense.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:16 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Since I'm coming from NW, would the initial bonus miles received for signing up for the skymiles card count as part of the basis for this promo?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by El Boocho
you are probably right. That would make sense.
Which is exactly why they might just do the opposite...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Ironically my AMEX credit card statement closed on Nov 13...does that mean that the miles that posted on the 14th automatically count? or does it mean that whatever I spend between Nov 13 and end of promo are what counts. Is it the actual spending date or the actual posting date that counts?
It is not the spend date. It is not quite the posting date either. It should be the date going down the lefthand column of your online Skymiles account. For example, my last Amex posting (just about enough to hit the 10k threshhold!) has a date of 18NOV, and in the description, it says "posted on 19NOV." My understanding is that 18NOV is what should count. Regardless, it is not the day that you incur individual line item spending.

This seems similar to NW promos where there are different thresholds to cross.
Maybe the same theme, but way more generous and easy.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I am going to post the current T&C for posterity sake, in case they should change b/w now and 12/31. Excuse the space hogging.

Originally Posted by T&C from 11/19/08 at 925am EST
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility:
To participate in this offer, SkyMiles member must register online at delta.com/maxmiles between November 13 and December 31, 2008.
Offer:
Earn up to a 150% mileage bonus. Earn 1,000-4,999 base miles from participating non-airline SkyMiles partner activities between November 13 and December 31, 2008, and earn a 50% mileage bonus of the base miles earned from eligible partner activity during that time period. Earn 5,000-9,999 base miles from participating non-airline SkyMiles partner activities between November 13 and December 31, 2008, and earn a 100% mileage bonus of the base miles earned from eligible partner activity during that time period. Earn 10,000 base miles or more from participating non-airline SkyMiles partner activities between November 13 and December 31, 2008, and earn a 150% mileage bonus of the base miles earned from eligible partner activities during that time period. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Flight activity on Delta or partner airlines is not eligible for this promotion.

The following is a list of eligible non-airline SkyMiles partners for this SkyMiles Mileage Threshold Promotion, and transactions made with SkyMiles partners (including airline partners) not included on this list are not eligible for the Promotion.

Eligible Partners:

Hotel Partners:
Best Western; Carlson Hotels Worldwide—Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Radisson Hotels & Resorts; Châteaux & Hôtels Collection; Choice Hotels International—Cambria Suites, Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, EconoLodge, MainStay Suites, Quality, Rodeway Inn, Sleep Inn, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel; Concorde Hotels; Grecotel & Classical Hotels; Hilton Family—Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Hilton Grand Vacation, The Waldorf-Astoria Collection®; Hyatt—AmeriSuites, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt and Summerfield Suites; InterContinental—Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts and Staybridge Suites; Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts; Langham Hotels International; LaQuinta Inns; The Leading Hotels of the World; Marriott—Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Resorts & Suites; Residence Inn; Springhill Suites and TownePlace Suites; Meliá Hotels, Paradisus Resorts, Sol Hotels & Resorts and Tryp Hotels; Millennium Hotels & Resorts; Omni Hotels; Red Roof Inn; SkyMiles Dining & Hotels by Rewards Network; Sofitel Luxury Hotels, Novotel and Mecure; Starwood Hotels & Resorts—Aloft Hotels, Element Hotels, Four Points, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, St. Regis, W Hotels and Westin Hotels & Resorts; Swissôtel; Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces; WORLDHOTELS; Wyndham Rewards—AmeriHost Inn, Baymont Inn & Suites, Days Inn, Hawthorn Suites, Howard Johnson, Knights Inn, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge and Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Hotels.
Rental Car Partners:
Advantage Rent A Car; Alamo; Avis; Budget; Dollar Rent A Car; Europcar; Hertz; National; Sixt rent a car; Thrifty Car Rental.
Dining, Home & Leisure Partners:
ADT Security Services; Brinks Home Security; EarthLink; Energy Plus; Great American Days; LastMinuteGolfer; Microsoft Live Search Club; Netflix; Orkin; SCANA Energy; Shutterfly; SkyMiles Dining; T-Mobile HotSpot.
Shopping and Others:
1-800-FLOWERS.COM; Aquasana; Bose; Bosley; Buy/Gift Miles; Clear; DHL Express; e-Miles; e-Rewards; FTD.com; getAbstract; Gourmet Center (Biscoff); Hartmann Luggage; Hartwick & Grove Wine Merchants; Java City; LATHER; LimoRes; Network Solutions; Organic Bouquet; Organic Style; Samsonite; SkyMall; SkyMiles Clothing Care; SkyMilesShopping.com; SkyMiles Shopping UK; The SkyMiles Store; Teleflora; Transfer Miles; Vinesse Wine Clubs.
Credit Card Partners:
Miles earned for purchases using your domestic or international SkyMiles Credit Card. Eligible cards include SkyMiles Credit Cards from American Express and international co-brand SkyMiles Credit Card (HSBC Bank Brasil S.A; SkyMiles Corp Banca Chile; SkyMiles HSBC Credit Card or Debit Card Colombia; SkyMiles MBNA Visa UK and Ireland; SkyMiles Resona Visa Japan; SkyMiles HSBC Mexico Visa; SkyMiles ScotiaBank Visa Puerto Rico and USVI; SkyMiles Banco Cuscatlan Central America).
Real Estate & Financial Partners:
AirMiles for Moving; Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance; Ameriprise Financial Services; Awards for Mortgage and Real Estate; Chase Auto Loans; Chase Home Equity; Chase Mortgage Products; Fidelity; GMAC Real Estate; HomeLoanCenter.com; LendingTree; RealEstate.com; ShareBuilder; TD AMERITRADE.
Vacation & Cruise Partners:
Hilton Grand Vacations Club; Interhome; Marriott Vacation Club International; Scenic Airlines; SkyMiles Cruises.
Convert Partner Points to Miles:
Club Rewards from Diners Club International; Banco Santander Brazil—SuperBônus Program; HSBC Clube de Beneficios; Hertz #1 Awards; Choice Privileges; EA$Y CHOICE; Hilton HHonors; Hyatt Gold Passport; Sirius by Jumeirah; Marriott Rewards; Priority Club Rewards; Radisson goldpoints plus; Sofitel Compliments Points; Sol Meliá MaS Rewards; Starwood Preferred Guest; Taj Inner Circle; Wyndham Rewards.

Delta reserves the right to modify this list of eligible SkyMiles partners during the Promotion, and any eligible partner changes will be posted in these rules. Important: Airline transactions, including SkyMiles Airline partner transactions, are excluded from this Promotion and earned base. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97062124.
© 2008 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Also, the sample calculation box:
Base Miles Earned Bonus Total Miles
1,000-4,999 50% 1,500-7,498
5,000-9,999 100% 10,000-19,998
10,000 or more 150% 25,000 or more
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I've registered. The way this promo reads, I've already earned over 25,000 SMs . . .
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:32 am

It appears AMEX Membership Rewards point transfers are not eligible.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:54 am

I can't see an indication of when the bonus will post. I'd guess 6-8 weeks after the promo, but I can't see it in the T&Cs.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Rather generous promo.

Where one can find the complete SkyMiles redemption chart? The one that was on Delta.com was only for trips originating in North America. I was looking for intra-Africa etc redemption charts.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
Where one can find the complete SkyMiles redemption chart? The one that was on Delta.com was only for trips originating in North America. I was looking for intra-Africa etc redemption charts.
You need an Ouija board.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:20 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by thepla
Since I'm coming from NW, would the initial bonus miles received for signing up for the skymiles card count as part of the basis for this promo?
I'm guessing no since the promo applies to BASE miles. It depends on whether the miles post as BASE or BONUS.

Does anyone know how the additional 5,000 Starwood points on a 20,000 ponit transfer post to your account, base or bonus? I'd look in my account history, but I haven't done one of these in a long time.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:35 am

20,000 SPG transfers as 25,000 DL. The 25,000 DL miles are one lump sum.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Does anyone know how the additional 5,000 Starwood points on a 20,000 ponit transfer post to your account, base or bonus? I'd look in my account history, but I haven't done one of these in a long time.
They all posted as regular miles when I did it in April.

I believe that it isn't DL that is giving you the bonus, it is SPG that gives you the bonus. In other words, I think SPG only tells DL that they are buying 25k miles, not that you are spending 20k SPG points.

To that end, I would think (but not want to bet) that you would get the bonus miles on the full 25k.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Too bad the Budget promo is over/blown up as those 7,500 miles each were posting in the base column! Would have had another 147K in miles then!

Makes DC transfers very attractive - 20K points will get you 54K miles (20 normal + 4 dc bonus (25% DC transfer bonus) + 30 for this promo (20 * 150%).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.