Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO ENROLLMENT CLOSED: Up to 150% mile bonus for most miles earned through year-end

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Wow. So let me see if I've got all this straight...
After 174 posts we seem to have come to the conclusions that...
This is, or maybe not be, an authentic promotion.
Credit card bonuses will qualify for the bonus. Or maybe not.
This promotion is not, or could be, a targeted promotion, if authentic at all.
The SPG transfers 5,000 mile bonus will, or might not, qualify for the base miles of this authentic, or fictional, 150% bonus offer.

Here's to hoping that among the next 174 posts there is some actual light shed on the subject.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by brasov02
The SPG transfers 5,000 mile bonus will, or might not, qualify for the base miles of this authentic, or fictional, 150% bonus offer.

Here's to hoping that among the next 174 posts there is some actual light shed on the subject.
Maybe.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
...Oh, and I almost forgot - AMEX MR points will definitely work for the bonus. Unless they don't.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02

In all past promotions, Delta has been quick to promote them. There is usually a permanent link on the Skymiles page. They rant and rave for people to participate.

But, now one week into this promotion, no mention. Not a word.

Something is amiss.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How long do you think it would take to sign up for SPG Amex and transfer the miles? If I signed up tonight could I have the signup bonus miles transferred before the deadline?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
That wouldn't mean it isn't legit, it would mean it is targeted. Don't confuse an assertion that the offer is bogus with the question of whether or not it is targeted. As I said earlier, the typical earmarks of a targeted offer aren't present, but that doesn't rule it out.

One thing to keep in mind is that if Delta decided to modify terms later by ending the promo early, delaying could cost more than it saves. I'm proceeding with a couple of my transfers, as I see little to worry about.
I never implied that this offer wasn't legit, sorry if I confused you. My current ideas are either that this is a targeted offer, or that someone at Delta really hates their boss and made a phony promotion. I'm voting for the former.

As for waiting, I'm sure this will last two more weeks, if it is an open offer. If not, I won't lose any sleep; better safe than sorry (and stuck with 25K Delta miles that I didn't need).
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:42 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
I suppose that this won't help the "Internet Paranoid" among us, but I'll share my experience with this promotion this evening:

a) I used this link https://www.delta.com/marketing/maxmiles/index.jsp
and selected "enroll today" as a new member.

b) after enrolling I received an email from Delta confirming my number and PIN

c) I went to the Delta homepage and verified that my new number and PIN worked

d) I went back to the above link and tried to register for the promotion. It told me that I was already registered (since I used the "entoll today" link I was automatically registered).

All of this tells me two things. First, it's not a targeted promotion. Or if so, it's targeted at new members. Second, if it is a scam it's the tightest one that I've heard of (and has been running for nearly 24 hours).

Last edited by ejmelton; Nov 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm Reason: It's too late to be typing w/o spellcheck
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by jayenoh
How long do you think it would take to sign up for SPG Amex and transfer the miles? If I signed up tonight could I have the signup bonus miles transferred before the deadline?
I'd get on it now, if you were going to. I'd say 4 weeks max from application to posting, but hey, it's the holidays, people need money and it might be delayed a bit.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've just read the Ts and Cs, and didn't spot American Express Membership Rewards. Is it part of this promo? If it is, it would be very generous, as it already has a 30% bonus on transferring miles to Delta.
Membership Rewards are not included in the paragraph which lists partner points that can be transferred in.

From T&C: "Convert Partner Points to Miles:
Club Rewards from Diners Club International; Banco Santander Brazil—SuperBônus Program; HSBC Clube de Beneficios; Hertz #1 Awards; Choice Privileges; EA$Y CHOICE; Hilton HHonors; Hyatt Gold Passport; Sirius by Jumeirah; Marriott Rewards; Priority Club Rewards; Radisson goldpoints plus; Sofitel Compliments Points; Sol Meliá MaS Rewards; Starwood Preferred Guest; Taj Inner Circle; Wyndham Rewards."

If they did include MR points, they could be overwhelmed by the response. I would be transferring 100k immediately.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by ejmelton
I suppose that this won't help the "Internert Paranoid" among us
Not "Internet Paranoid", more like "I'm 26 and I don't want to waste the 20,000 SPG points that took me 2 years to earn on a sketchy promotion that may or may not be targeted". If that makes me "paranoid" so be it. Cautious, sure, but paranoid, no.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by roadtripman
Not "Internet Paranoid", more like "I'm 26 and I don't want to waste the 20,000 SPG points that took me 2 years to earn on a sketchy promotion that may or may not be targeted". If that makes me "paranoid" so be it. Cautious, sure, but paranoid, no.
I think he was referring to the people claiming that it might not be legit, not those who wonder if it's targeted.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by roadtripman
you need to get a MBNA Starwood MC
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Queen438
you need to get a MBNA Starwood MC
I have one

That is where the 20,000 points came from.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:33 pm

Too bad Amex Membership Rewards are not eligible, looks like I will have to move some points from other partners.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold CO Gold
Priority Club points transfer

I am trying to figure out how to transfer 25,000 Priority Club points to Delta Skymiles and see how many bonus point I get. I can't find instructions on either website as how to do the transfer, any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.