Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to expect EWR-ATL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:07 am
Original Poster

What to expect EWR-ATL

Traveling Monday at 1PM. Is there ant entertainment on board or food available?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:43 am

It's an MD-88. Your entertainment is the crying child across the aisle.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
And likely delays on the runway at Newark and Atlanta!
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Food is snack basket in First Class. In coach, I believe there is buy-on-board snacks.

No IFE.

Honestly, don't expect too much these days on any domestic flight and you won't be disappointed.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by dh01
And likely delays on the runway at Newark and Atlanta!
To be more precise, gate holds and taxi / multi-taxi delays. Planes sitting on the runways isn't efficient for the flights in the air.

Entertainment will be Delta "Sky" magazine or whatever you bring.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Check-in and Security

As a present, I have given my wife a First Class ticket (while I fly in Coach with our daughter).

Is there a First Class Check-In at EWR and/or ATL?

Is there a First Class Security Line at EWR (I'm AA-PLT, so I know that I can use the Elite Security Line at ATL).

This is the first time we've flown DL in years (unfortunately AA cancelled their LGA-ATL flights). Any suggestions on seats (I've already read SeatGuru, but trust the FT community even more). We will be on either a 737-800 or 757 on EWR-ATL and a 757 or MD-88 on ATL-EWR.

Many thanks
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
As a present, I have given my wife a First Class ticket (while I fly in Coach with our daughter).

Is there a First Class Check-In at EWR and/or ATL?

Is there a First Class Security Line at EWR (I'm AA-PLT, so I know that I can use the Elite Security Line at ATL).

This is the first time we've flown DL in years (unfortunately AA cancelled their LGA-ATL flights). Any suggestions on seats (I've already read SeatGuru, but trust the FT community even more). We will be on either a 737-800 or 757 on EWR-ATL and a 757 or MD-88 on ATL-EWR.

Many thanks
There is First Class check-in at both EWR and ATL. In ATL, you can use the FC/Elite Security Line. They're not very strict. Use the new security lines at the end of the South Terminal hallway.

In EWR, I don't think there is a dedicated FC line. There are only a few (maybe 3?) security scanners and a handful of gates between check-in and the DL/NW gates. So, even at peak times, I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
757 vs 737

Originally Posted by jmvalley
There is First Class check-in at both EWR and ATL. In ATL, you can use the FC/Elite Security Line. They're not very strict. Use the new security lines at the end of the South Terminal hallway.

In EWR, I don't think there is a dedicated FC line. There are only a few (maybe 3?) security scanners and a handful of gates between check-in and the DL/NW gates. So, even at peak times, I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes.
Thanks for the information. Do regular Delta flyers have a preference (for First and/or Coach) between the 757 and the 737? I want to try and make this as nice an experience for my wife (and my daughter and myself) as possible
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
Thanks for the information. Do regular Delta flyers have a preference (for First and/or Coach) between the 757 and the 737? I want to try and make this as nice an experience for my wife (and my daughter and myself) as possible
To most people, the live TV is the best feature of these aircraft. If the 757 has 7 rows of first, you will get that feature and if the 737 is denominated 73H, it will also probably be there. FC seats to avoid on both of those aircraft are the CD bulkheads.

Preference between "First and/or Coach.?????" Seriously now.
Old May 19, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Silver
I will be take a 737-700 in June. What can I expect from this bird? I know it has live tv, and wifi. Does anyone on here have a photo of the cabin? Leather/Slimline seats? On the way home from ATL to EWR it is on a 737-800 What is DL's current standpoint of how many of these have the new live tv system? If it does not have the personal tv's what can I expect? Any interior photos of the 738? An A319 is also an option, is it better than DL's 737 family? Thanks!
Old May 20, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daganderson
... An A319 is also an option, is it better than DL's 737 family? Thanks!
Since i do not care about the PTVs, I choose the 319s over the 737s when the opportunity arises simply for the seating in first.

Everybody's butt is different so YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.