Wiki Posts
Search

delta v ba

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
delta v ba

i usually travel BA in NCW, considering Delta for some upcoming flights... how do they compare?
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ukswift88
i usually travel BA in NCW, considering Delta for some upcoming flights... how do they compare?
How much do you like Biscoff Cookies ?

The DL 777-200LR Service (BOM-JFK) probably would be the closest to the BA Club World in terms of seating.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
BOM-JFK on the 777-200L is the only flat bed seating at the moment-- very similar set-up to VS or AC. All the other longhaul flights have the recliner type seats. On the 777-200ER the seats are rather spacious as delta only packs in 6 across compared to 7 on most other carriers (8 on BA, but BA NCW seats have more shoulder room due to the alternating forward/backward configuration). On the 767, delta packs in 6 across facing in the same direction, so these seats aren't as spacious.

I'm on the tall side (6'4"), so unless I manage one of the extra legroom seats in BA NCW/NNCW, I'd prefer DL on an overnight flight. If I could fit in the regular BA CW seats, I would take them over the current DL product anytime (except the 772L, of course). Once DL updates its product in the rest of the 777 fleet and the 767 fleet, they will have a leg up on BA NCW/NNCW. I'd rate the soft product similarly on both airlines, although I do find the DL employees to be a bit more friendly. BA lounges beat the DL CRC hands down, especially if you are flying through T5 at LHR... better food, better drink, bigger space-- even in the dated terraces lounge at JFK.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Personally, I would stick with BA, if practical. The seats and the lounges are significantly better than on all but the 777LR.

DL does have (much?) better food and I prefer the friendlier FAs, but I don't think this outweighs the lesser seat. As stated by others, those on the tall side may not like the BA seat, but I'm 6' and have no issues with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.