Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Mileage Run to Malaysia? Because I can't think of anything better.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I have finally booked a flight from ATL to KUL via ICN. I need to get a lot of miles before the end of the year and this I did for 1400.00 all in. That is less than 7 CPM with the routing.

I really need to fly a few more miles before the end of the year about 20k more. Any ideas of some good DL MR's?

I would really love some DL promos to come about.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'd guess you're flying on KE. I recall some of their fares didn't earn full mileage on NW, but am unsure about DL. I'm sure you checked this before you bought though.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Try the MR Discussion section of FT, going to have a lot more luck over there. In answer to your question, they come and go with DL. Keep your eyes open out of JAX, often a good place to start.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, DL, HHonors Blue, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver
Until recently there were some great fares for a weekend in HNL out of Denver. I saw $450/rt for coach. Not the greatest, but from here it tacks on a few thousand miles.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:13 am
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'd guess you're flying on KE. I recall some of their fares didn't earn full mileage on NW, but am unsure about DL. I'm sure you checked this before you bought though.

If the flights are DL coded (and, having looked at the routing myself, I know those flights are code shares on KE metal) it will be fine.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
DL code share flights on KE metal through ICN seem to have the lowest cost/mile.
Try Bali.
I would also track eastern European destinations and IST. If you plan to spend a few days on the ground Prague, Budapest and Istanbul are great tousirt destinations.

DLP
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLPhoenix
DL code share flights on KE metal through ICN seem to have the lowest cost/mile.
Try Bali.
I would also track eastern European destinations and IST. If you plan to spend a few days on the ground Prague, Budapest and Istanbul are great tousirt destinations.

DLP
I can't find Bali on DL website. I tried all of the airport codes that I could find and it did not come up.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Danger Man
I can't find Bali on DL website. I tried all of the airport codes that I could find and it did not come up.
DPS (Denpasar)
Old Aug 29, 2008, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I tried that and got this canned response:

" DPS is an invalid city code or cannot be booked through this web site. Please check the spelling of DPS or use the appropriate city code. "
Old Aug 29, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Danger Man
Thanks, I tried that and got this canned response:

" DPS is an invalid city code or cannot be booked through this web site. Please check the spelling of DPS or use the appropriate city code. "
Delta does not fly to DPS either itself or as a codeshare, so it comes up as Invalid on the website...
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Sorry,
I thought I saw it on the DL site (KE does fly there, but aparently the is no Delta code share).
Good luck with your mileage runs.

DLP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.