Original Poster

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
DL moves to RDU T2 Sunday, Nov 9

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1187867.html

No mention of the Crown Room.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
Flying BACK to RDU on Nov 10

Will be interesting to see the new layout, and see how it all plays out.

If I can find my gate LOL
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Hmmm...I have to be in GSO on Nov 7-9, and fares out of MSP are a lot better to RDU than GSO or CLT, so I'm strongly considering this. Might need to book that RDU flight after all and use the new facilities on the first day (would be the second time this year I'd use a new lounge on the day it opened...might even have to SDC to be the first one in the lounge...)
Old Aug 21, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, PC Diamond
Will be great in RDU to not have to smell the A&W restaurant anymore while sitting at the gate.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
As far as I have heard/read, the DL Crown room is supposed to be opened on the same day as they move.. same for AAdmirals Club.. I shall have to find out about this though..
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Thank goodness! I can't wait to head back to school in January (studying in Madrid this fall) and experience the beautiful new terminal. The old terminal is quite outdated. I remember spending 12 hours one fall break waiting for my delayed US flight to Philly. No fun.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:39 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by nym1
Will be great in RDU to not have to smell the A&W restaurant anymore while sitting at the gate.
Or listen to the shoe shine man's blaring radio. You usually could not even hear the announcements at the gate over his radio. I hope he's not moving with Delta.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:27 am

I will miss the A15/A16 holding pen, I've spent more time there than I care to admit...
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Last time I was at the CRC I think the lady said that they wouldn't be opening until 2 weeks or so after the move. However, that could be in reference to the terminal opening on 10/26 and DL moving on 11/9. She did give me a brief description of the CRC and it sounds nice. It will even have 2 bathrooms!!

I'm heading there in a few hours, I'll have to see if I can get some scoop!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Update

In RDU CRC currently and just talked to the 2 attendants at the desk and they said that the November 9th is a "tenative" date.

One of the ladies said she had taken a tour of the facility and that it was going to be beautiful. Flatscreen monitors, a quiet area, and about 1500 more sq ft.

They were both very excited. One of the ladies said that this used to be the Piedmont lounge!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Woo hoo! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new terminal, and I'll be doing quite a bit of travel in November. Goodbye, cramped DL Connection gate area!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:16 pm

ive got lots of pics

the General contractor sent me about 40 pics of the terminal yesterday. My company manufactured the roof. the new terminal at SAC will be almost identical and will begin next july.

if anyone wants to see, PM me an email. I only have them on a PDF, so there's no link.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtparadis
the A15/A16 holding pen
... will soon be gone for good. After DL has moved to T2, A15/A16 in T1 will be rebuilt as an expanded TSA clearance area. So even if you happen to be in that terminal on another airline, you won't recognize A15/A16. No word on what will become of the old Crown Room.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by chuck till
No word on what will become of the old Crown Room.
Probably go back to being a coat closet.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

RDU will have a public tour of T2 on Oct 11, 1000-1600. Will try to drop by and see where the Crown Room will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.