Wiki Posts
Search

Skysaver on International

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM
Skysaver on International

Please bear with me. . . . Brand new to this forum and loving it!

Is it ever possible to get a SS on an international route on a DL flight? I see many are available, but all on partner airlines.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Yes. It all depends on the route and how far in advance you do it. I have a return flight I booked from Dub in Business Sky Saver on Delta for next May (did this at the 331 day mark). It is possible, it just depends.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by SandraLee

Is it ever possible to get a SS on an international route on a DL flight? I see many are available, but all on partner airlines.
Quite possible, but not all that common. I booked JFK-EDI and ICN-ATL back in January for flights 8 and 1 week ago.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Sure it is possible. I just tried an ATL-PVG Oct 15th, return Oct 22 this year. Skysaver came up at 60,000 miles R/T.

I also checked a box that said, "Select Delta Flights Only".

Where are you trying to go?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Welcome to FT and the DL forum!

Yes, it's possible, but it depends on your route and schedule. Three weeks ago I was looking for skysavers ORD-Italy for this week; there were plenty of opportunities, some all DL metal, some mixed with AF or AZ metal; unfortunately, I had an unflexible return date, so I ended up buying a ticket.
(skysavers were available one day earlier and two days later, some on DL metal).
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Very Possible as far as I'm concerned. I have flown TATL / TPAC using Sky Savers 4 times in the past year. All in BE as well. I never have a problem. Flexibility is key...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tarajim
Sure it is possible. I just tried an ATL-PVG Oct 15th, return Oct 22 this year. Skysaver came up at 60,000 miles R/T.

Where are you trying to go?
I'm thinking of Europe for May or June of next year. Even in putting in any of the cities at the 330 day mark, they are all coming up with only SS on partner airlines. I'd like to take a DL because there are plenty of directs out of Atl.

I've tried FCO, CDG, LGW, Venice, FLR . . . Plenty of SS on Partners, none on DL.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:53 pm

I'm thinking of Europe for May or June of next year. Even in putting in any of the cities at the 330 day mark, they are all coming up with only SS on partner airlines. I'd like to take a DL because there are plenty of directs out of Atl.

I've tried FCO, CDG, LGW, Venice, FLR . . . Plenty of SS on Partners, none on DL.
Get use to the "new" schedule changes coming whereby former Direct
flights become 1 and 2 stops instead....
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:54 pm

I have the same problem to GIG. Plenty of flights on CO for 50K - none on DL
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog
Get use to the "new" schedule changes coming whereby former Direct
flights become 1 and 2 stops instead....
Well, actually, it really is a non-stop.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I booked two seats (one on my account and one on my mothers who has no status) for next May SkySaver Coach.

I have a ticket on hold right now for ATL to CDG Skysaver Business leaving July 30th held it yesterday.

So yes, it's possible. My expereince is book early or book very late! LOL!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Yes I got skysaver business class SAN-ATH for later this August which I booked towards the end of 2007. My other international trips have been on partner metal, but that was because of routing and schedule preferences.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Even in putting in any of the cities at the 330 day mark...
We been noticing that Delta tends not to load award seats that far out. Various opinions exist as to when the seats are loaded and it probably depends on route, time of year and moon phases. The seats I mention above were not available at 330 or even 300 days out. I got them about 4 - 6 months out.

The ICN flight, according to SMS at the time I booked it, was showing only 1 SS seat. Later that day there were none but the next day a buddy was able to book another, so they may have run an analysis overnight or similar.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

I would pay the phone charge and call up DELTA SkyMiles and let them look for it..We are paying their wages anyhow..soo why not let them do all the work...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tarajim
The OP really should try this and report back.

It's also possible that DL is playing cruel games with married segment availability, where xxx-ATL-yyy is available for redemption but ATL-yyy is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.