Wiki Posts
Search

The long road home

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
The long road home

Long story short, We were flying from LGA to CVG to catch our connecting flight home to EVV, Evansville IN. Should have had about 45 minutes in Cinncinati but the flight was late getting to LGA so we missed our flight home. It was 10PM so no more flights to EVV and all they could offer was standby for the next day and a discount rate at the microtel
We decided to drive home 200 miles in a one way rental for $166. For our trouble wewere given 2 Delta vouchers for $100 each. Another couple was given a voucher for a cab to SDF....Louisville KY for $240 which I was also offered but that would have only gotten me half way home.
I contend that with nothing more to offer me but the possibility of a standby flight for the entire next day I don't think a rental car was to much to ask.
The only bright spot was the young lady in the Delta lounge at LGA who who was very helpful.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
What was the reason of the delay?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:10 am

Delta will not pay for car rental due to liability. You can talk to Customer Care and sometimes they will reimburse for the rental. It sounds reasonable to me to reimburse the $166 vs the $240.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
What was the reason of the delay?
Thanks for the replies. The reason for the delay was weather related causing the plane to be late to LGA.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by m.photog
The reason for the delay was weather related
Since the weather problem was for the previous flight of the equipment, rather than for your flight, the GA's went out of their way to be generous and helpful; they aren't required to provide anything for weather delay, and, unfortunately, usually they won't.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by m.photog
Long story short, We were flying from LGA to CVG to catch our connecting flight home to EVV, Evansville IN. Should have had about 45 minutes in Cinncinati but the flight was late getting to LGA so we missed our flight home. It was 10PM so no more flights to EVV and all they could offer was standby for the next day and a discount rate at the microtel
We decided to drive home 200 miles in a one way rental for $166. For our trouble wewere given 2 Delta vouchers for $100 each. Another couple was given a voucher for a cab to SDF....Louisville KY for $240 which I was also offered but that would have only gotten me half way home.
I contend that with nothing more to offer me but the possibility of a standby flight for the entire next day I don't think a rental car was to much to ask.
The only bright spot was the young lady in the Delta lounge at LGA who who was very helpful.
The value of your vouchers exceeds the cost of your rental.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.