Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpressJet Done With Delta 9/1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

ExpressJet Done With Delta 9/1

ExpressJet and Delta have agreed to end their relationship on 9/1/08. Article says all XE flying from SLC will be covered but not all LAX routes. Moreshrinkage for LAX!

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080703/145811.html
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by alb222
ExpressJet and Delta have agreed to end their relationship on 9/1/08. Article says all XE flying from SLC will be covered but not all LAX routes. Moreshrinkage for LAX!

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080703/145811.html
Interesting, I wonder how this will effect me down here in SAN. I think there was at least one SAN-LAX flight on a ERJ-145 instead of the AmericanEagle SAABs.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Most, if not all, of XE's flying for DL was at risk flying.

A shame to lose XE since ExpressJet had a decent product with their XM radio and memory foam leather seats.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Most, if not all, of XE's flying for DL was at risk flying.

A shame to lose XE since ExpressJet had a decent product with their XM radio and memory foam leather seats.

Note in the article XE says "Due to losses flying these routes." Obviously, the at risk flying wasn't working. In the few SJC-LAX flights that I have taken, the most passengers I ever saw was 16.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
This does not surprise me. At least Delta was able to break off this contract with an agreement instead of unilaterally doing it and then getting sued. Service at LAX is pretty much turning into flights to just hubs.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Interesting, I wonder how this will effect me down here in SAN. I think there was at least one SAN-LAX flight on a ERJ-145 instead of the AmericanEagle SAABs.
yes I just flew XJ from SAN-SLC yesterday. The CRJ900 was quite nice. FC cabin, excellent seat pitch, and friendly FAs. I was quite pleased with the service and aircraft. Arrived 30 min early in SLC too!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by yngdiego
yes I just flew XJ from SAN-SLC yesterday. The CRJ900 was quite nice. FC cabin, excellent seat pitch, and friendly FAs. I was quite pleased with the service and aircraft. Arrived 30 min early in SLC too!
Nice, so, you chose to use XJ as an alternative to DL or was it a DL flight operated by XJ?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:13 pm

Nice, so, you chose to use XJ as an alternative to DL or was it a DL flight operated by XJ?
Operated by Delta. I must say it was the most enjoyable RJ experience I've had. Pitch almost seemed more that FC on a 737.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:28 pm
Suspended

I believe that is a Skywest operated flight, but yes, the product is very nice!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by alb222
Note in the article XE says "Due to losses flying these routes." Obviously, the at risk flying wasn't working. In the few SJC-LAX flights that I have taken, the most passengers I ever saw was 16.
Guess thats what happens when you underbid the flights/routes. Their whole business model was based on the theory that they could ride out the underbid process until they could get more flights from Delta. Due to rising fuel costs their business model never would be able to work out.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:44 pm

LAX-SAN was cut back in January.

ExpressJet only operates 50-seat Embraer 145s for Delta (no F). That was SkyWest you flew on.

Also, careful because XJ is the two-letter code for Mesaba (Northwest Airlink partner).
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by aeolos
LAX-SAN was cut back in January.
So, I guess it is back to only being able to take the AmericanEagle SAAB? That sucks.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:04 pm
Suspended

So, I guess it is back to only being able to take the AmericanEagle SAAB? That sucks.
That was really the only really option all along. LAX-SAN operated for about a month.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by sxf24
I believe that is a Skywest operated flight, but yes, the product is very nice!
Ooops! I had ExpressJet SLC-MCI. I got the legs flipped around..sorry.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Ooops! I had ExpressJet SLC-MCI. I got the legs flipped around..sorry.
I think all of the Delta Connection carriers begin to run together. At a certain point, all that we care about is the fact that the plane is too small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.