Wiki Posts
Search

Bizarre schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Bizarre schedule change

I was afraid of this. I just looked at flights I have booked for Sept 08. Schedule has changed. Ok, I look more carefully. My LAS/ATL flight arrives 8:38 PM. My ATL/BDL flight leaves 8:20PM. I think I'm in trouble.

Matt
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by thebat
I was afraid of this. I just looked at flights I have booked for Sept 08. Schedule has changed. Ok, I look more carefully. My LAS/ATL flight arrives 8:38 PM. My ATL/BDL flight leaves 8:20PM. I think I'm in trouble.

Matt
Give DL a call, they should be able to fix this for you.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:57 pm

Is there a ATL/BDL flight that leaves later? If so, I'm sure they will make the change for you.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
Have them book you on DL 105 from LAS-ATL; leaves LAS at 1206p, and will allow you to make your connection to BDL. (It's the last ATL-BDL flight of the night)
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
There is a 1206p LAS-ATL flight that they'd be able to rebook you on (connecting to the 820p departure out of ATL), an 1140a CVG flight that would get into BDL at 945p, or an 1138a JFK flight that would get into BDL at 1119p.

Unfortunately, the 1206p is the latest you can leave LAS unless you want to red-eye it back; when I lived in GSO I would always take the 300p ATL flight that would get into ATL at 945p, leaving me enough time to catch the last bank out of ATL (which covers mostly Southeastern cities and left around 1030p). Now that I'm in BOS, I've had to take the 1200 CVG flight once, and I'm doing the 145p SLC flight in a few weeks.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They totally f'ed up with this latest schedule change. Apparently they killed the afternoon SLC-BOS flight on Saturdays, which destroyed a bunch of my itineraries in Sept onward. And then the system decided to put me on flights going through cvg to bos which leaves 2.5 hours before I arrive in SLC at 4pm. So now I have no way of getting from SLC-BOS. ...?!
Old Jun 22, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by rylan
They totally f'ed up with this latest schedule change. Apparently they killed the afternoon SLC-BOS flight on Saturdays, which destroyed a bunch of my itineraries in Sept onward. And then the system decided to put me on flights going through cvg to bos which leaves 2.5 hours before I arrive in SLC at 4pm. So now I have no way of getting from SLC-BOS. ...?!
I am on the Saturday late SLC-BOS flight but in August, and that still stands. They have done that in previous years, doing away with one of the SLC-BOS flights on Saturdays.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Everything OK

For now. I talked to DL on the phone and they got it straightened out. The lady says "the computer just looks at the flight it's changing, not any connections." That seems odd to me but they ended up giving me better flights on both sides of the trip. It took a half hour because I originally booked these seats with saver FC awards, one of which was through CO. I was very apprehensive about getting seats on flights without FC saver available but she handled it very well. I did have to speak with three people though.

The lady did warn me to keep my eye on it as more changes were almost certain.

Thank you all for your prompt and thoughtful replies.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: DL GM
I've had multiple changes to the same itinerary in November. (Mileage Run SEA-BTV, November 8-9.) My initial itinerary had me leaving mid morning, arriving around 9. They cancelled some flights, so I was able to have them rewrite the whole itinerary. (It took some prodding, of course.) So look at this as your chance of getting the potentially higher priced schedule you want for the price you paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.