Search

Transfer miles, get MQM offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Transfer miles, get MQM offer

Just got this offer..

As a valued SkyMiles member, you have the opportunity to receive 1,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for every 10,000 miles that you transfer to a friend or family member from June 1st to June 30th. SkyMiles members can transfer up to 30,000 miles per transaction, so you have the chance to get 3,000 MQMs through this exclusive offer.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and reward yourself! Visit delta.com/transfermiles right now and take advantage of this opportunity to jump start your way to that next Medallion® level.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:42 am

Transfer MQMs and get MQMs?

Just got the following in an email from Delta:

"As a valued SkyMiles member, you have the opportunity to receive 1,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for every 10,000 miles that you transfer to a friend or family member from June 1st to June 30th. SkyMiles members can transfer up to 30,000 miles per transaction, so you have the chance to get 3,000 MQMs through this exclusive offer."

I made PM and have about 78K MQMs....If I tranfer 15K MQMs to a family member so they make SM, would I LOSE my PM status since I would be under the 75K MQM level for PM?

Have they done something like this before?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
No, you are not transfering your MQM's, you are just transferring the miles. They will give you an additional 1,000 MQM's for each 10,000 miles you transfer.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
Originally Posted by Burj
I made PM and have about 78K MQMs....If I tranfer 15K MQMs to a family member so they make SM, would I LOSE my PM status since I would be under the 75K MQM level for PM?

Although it does not specifically say, I believe it's implied that it is "Transfer Regular (REDEEMABLE) Miles and Receive MQMs," not "Transfer MQMs and Receive MQMs."

bolding mine
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:54 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

They must be desperate to generate some cash.

Originally Posted by Burj
Have they done something like this before?
There have been similar crazy offers out there in the past, like the recent 100% bonus miles on transfers offer. In that thread, one FTer predicted today's further devaluation MQMs.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:55 am
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by const88
Although it does not specifically say, I believe it's implied that it is "Transfer Regular (REDEEMABLE) Miles and Receive MQMs," not "Transfer MQMs and Receive MQMs."

bolding mine
It's $330 for 3,000 mqm's. Not the best deal in the world.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Just got this email in my inbox.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I got it, too. At $0.01/mile it doesn't make a lot of sense. Although I expect fares to go up, I think I can still find a way to get 3,000 MQM for less money BIS.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by dickinson
Just got this offer..

As a valued SkyMiles member, you have the opportunity to receive 1,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for every 10,000 miles that you transfer to a friend or family member from June 1st to June 30th. SkyMiles members can transfer up to 30,000 miles per transaction, so you have the chance to get 3,000 MQMs through this exclusive offer.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and reward yourself! Visit delta.com/transfermiles right now and take advantage of this opportunity to jump start your way to that next Medallion® level.
i got this too and was excited at the thought of getting lots of mqms from my relatives until i noticed the person giving up the miles gets the mqms. doh.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I got this too...not very enticing.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, AvisFirst
$330???

$330 will pay for mileage run netting more than the 3K MQMs available with this offer.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:06 pm

Oh shoot! Yeah re-read the email and my thread title is WRONG, it is not Transfer MQMs and get MQMs, it is transfer regular miles and get MQMs... And there is no way to fix the thread title is there?

D'oh!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 1:34 pm

Can I transfer 30k to someone and they transfer it back?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by whynotflyanyway
$330 will pay for mileage run netting more than the 3K MQMs available with this offer.
Another one of those no-brainers.

I'm wondering who actually "takes advantage" of these so-called "deals."
Old Jun 4, 2008, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is this a general promotion for all SkyMiles members? If it is for Medallions only, that's one way to get the miles out of the hands of those who have better-than-average redemption opportunities and into the hands of those who have worse redemption opportunities (and getting worse when DL launches its huge changes to SkyMiles redemptions by going to three-tier redemptions).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.