Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

E-mail Promotes Partner Award Searches on DL.com: Anything New Here?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.

Just got this mass email from Jeff Robertson ...

Hello jbatl,

You want to travel with your miles, and we're making it easier.

You can now shop for Award Travel on Air France (new!), Continental Airlines®, Northwest Airlines®, Hawaiian Airlines and Alaska Airlines using our SkyMiles® Award Calendar at delta.com.

With 97% of our Award Travel available on delta.com, you now have access to thousands of flights to hundreds of world-wide destinations. Search for Award seats by what matters most to you—lowest mileage amount or convenient schedule.

You'll also avoid direct ticketing fees and potential wait times when you book at delta.com. And as a Medallion® member, we've waived the $25 fee for your second checked bag. So book the best Award seats online, pack your bags and enjoy your trip!

You're the reason we fly,

J. W. Robertson
Managing Director, SkyMiles
Is any of this really new?
Old May 30, 2008, 11:38 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Air France is offically online now, they weren't before.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Today, I could get AF from nonstop JFK-CDG, but not nonstop IAD-CDG. This is true even of the DL codeshare nonstop on AF. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:22 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Now, if they would just fix the stupid search tool so that it runs at a reasonable speed. The "new" DL.com is starting to remind me of UA.bomb.
Old May 30, 2008, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by csgoalie
Today, I could get AF from nonstop JFK-CDG, but not nonstop IAD-CDG. This is true even of the DL codeshare nonstop on AF. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
It appears to be VERY hit of miss as to the AF inventory. For me, the "tool" is certainly not pulling all AF flight possibilities.
Old May 30, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Booking a trip ATL-FRA for this weekend, I was seeing availability almost every day, and when I clicked through, I saw so many potential routings, with DL, CO, NW, AF that I was very pleasantly surprised. Actually had to think hard which one to take. Seems at least in this one anecdotal case, there were so many more options than before.

I checked both economy and B/E (of course, showed B/F at higher rate for CO).

Taking my first B/F on CO tonight EWR-FRA, unfortunately ATL-EWR only had coach, but the return FRA-ATL is DL non-stop. Would have never taken the time before to make a call and try to get a seat on CO.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
I want to find NW awards tix to BKK. How do I do that?

When I just typed in my airport code and BKK, stupid itin. showed up that will take 3 days for me to get there from the east coast, via Air France....
Old May 31, 2008, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Originally Posted by Chari910

When I just typed in my airport code and BKK, stupid itin. showed up that will take 3 days for me to get there from the east coast, via Air France....
Search for it at NW's site. When you find what you want, call DL and tell them the exact flts you want to book.
Old May 31, 2008, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Chari910
NRT-BKK rarely has award seats, in my experience.
Old May 31, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Search for it at NW's site. When you find what you want, call DL and tell them the exact flts you want to book.
doesn't that cost $30?
Old May 31, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
doesn't that cost $30?
Sadly, yes. I call it the 'Our Website Doesn't Work Fee.'

Last edited by jbatl; May 31, 2008 at 8:22 pm
Old May 31, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL

good one. I may start using that.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: DL DM

Actually, Last week I was able to build an itin online, called to have a real agent tweak the return (Changed an AF return to a KL flight with a better connex) and then put it back down so I could ticket it online and not pay the "OWDW" fee.

(Good name though) ^
Old Jun 1, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Actually, Last week I was able to build an itin online, called to have a real agent tweak the return (Changed an AF return to a KL flight with a better connex) and then put it back down so I could ticket it online and not pay the "OWDW" fee.

(Good name though) ^
This was the way I always booked LY award tickets until DL discontinued their relationship with them.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:52 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
I got the same e-mail and all it did was make me even more frustrated with DL. I can't get the search to find flights on partners at all. Tried EWR - HNL expecting to see Continental flights. Nope, all that it found was itins through ATL. Then tried HNL - ITO expecting to see flights on Hawaiian. The search returned no flights at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.