Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

If a flight is delayed to outside the meal window, will food still be offered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If a flight is delayed to outside the meal window, will food still be offered?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Question If a flight is delayed to outside the meal window, will food still be offered?

My 7:15 down to PBI has been delayed until at least 10:15 due to horrible weather in the NY area. Since my flight will now be departing outside the meal window, will they even cater the plane and offer food for purchase? Or will it be treated like a schedule late night flight?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA DL
only time

the ONLY time this has happened to me, meal was still served. If the flight is delayed while your at the airport (aka, catering was boarded - planned for use).
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by DL4EVR
My 7:15 down to PBI has been delayed until at least 10:15 due to horrible weather in the NY area. Since my flight will now be departing outside the meal window, will they even cater the plane and offer food for purchase? Or will it be treated like a schedule late night flight?
It should still have whatever service it was supposed to have prior
to the delay. I have never seen a flight lose the service
it was scheduled to have due to a delay.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
nonetheless ... have a bit at Chili's Too or the brewhouse or paschals...or wherever
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by kmk5397
It should still have whatever service it was supposed to have prior to the delay. I have never seen a flight lose the service it was scheduled to have due to a delay.
That makes sense. I doubt DL would just cancel a catering order because of a delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.