Wiki Posts
Search

Award waitlist questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Award waitlist questions

Skymiles general member, looking for 2 FC award seats to Dubai for next year:

1. Is waitilisting for different travel does still possible (I looked at delta.com, it only talks about 'priority waitlisting' for Medallion members)? If so:

2. Can multiple waitlist days be specified? For example, my preferred departure day would be a Friday. Right now, the closest day is Wednesday. Is it possible to list Friday as a 1st choice, Thurs as a 2nd, such that if Friday appeared, I'm done, but if Thurs appeared, I'd still be on the waitlist for Friday? My fear I have to list Thurs or Fri is that if Thurs appears sometime in the future, and then I need to re-waitlist for Friday, I'm at the bottom of the list (thought perhaps with no status, I'd be at the bottom anyway).

3. Is there any difference if I book the available dates online at delta.com, then call up and request the waitlist days, vs calling Delta first, and give them those waitlist days as part of phone reservation of the seats? There was a previous thread where the poster said their could be a difference, but I didn't see specific details, and there were no other posts confirming it. If I did do this, is there anyway around the $25/ticket phone fee?

Thanks.

Jeff
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
I always do my award tickets over the phone. I wanted a different flight so they wait listed me for it (in Feb). Just got a phone call last week that we were accepted and needed to confirm.

I'm not sure how many lists you can wait list on, but I would assume just a different outbound or inbound all together, not multiple.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by jwhite4
3. Is there any difference if I book the available dates online at delta.com, then call up and request the waitlist days, vs calling Delta first, and give them those waitlist days as part of phone reservation of the seats?
For my most recent award, I redeemed online, then called and added the waitlists. I don't see that it really makes any difference and that's what the agent recommended that I do.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:45 am
Original Poster

I went to book my award ticket online last night, as I click the final button, I get a "One or more of your flights is now sold out". Ahhh! Go back and look, my two seats for Wed are gone, and now even Tues is gone - nothing that week at all. My wife quickly suggests I call Delta, and amazingly (or not), the Delta agent (based out of Dallas, didn't think they had a call center there) was able to find the exact same seats I previously tried to book. In one sense, I don't mind paying the extra $25/ticket phone booking fee, since it did get me the seats I wanted.

However, when I went to ask about a waitlist, the agent said, "Oh, we stopped that Mar 17." I said, "Oh, that's not good". She said my only options where the standard $75/ticket change fee if availability for the other desired days opened up. Anyone have any recent experience with waitlisting?

Jeff
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by jwhite4
Anyone have any recent experience with waitlisting?
Jeff states that award waitlisting is still possible http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805099

I know others have been able to waitlist since March 17.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Correct! Key was to call up and get a different agent, who had no problems putting us on the waitlist.

Another question - right now we have BE/FC seats. If necessary, can I waitlist for a coach flight? I'm wondering if I can change the ATL-DXB flight (which I will keep in BE), if I can't get a matching ATL-PHL flight in FC, can I drop down to coach?

Thanks.

Jeff
Old May 11, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
skysaver waitlist

Just a quick note for anyone that's been wondering about the waitlist feature being gone or not: i just got a call from SMS telling me my skysaver coach waitlist to Aruba next week cleared. I'm glad since my ticket was originally ATL-EWR-AUA... just a little bit out of the way. I've had the ticket for months and just last week decided to call and get put on the waitlist for the nonstop ATL-AUA flight... now here's to hoping they can do the same on the way home so i don't have to stop in houston for the night. don't you love how skysaver's are so convenient?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.